• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just got off the phone with a sergeant from ISP and he wanted to remind me that the State House and Gov't center downtown have an administrative policy banning Firearms on the property, so please don't park in the Gov't center parking garage

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just got off the phone with a sergeant from ISP and he wanted to remind me that the State House and Gov't center downtown have an administrative policy banning Firearms on the property, so please don't park in the Gov't center parking garage

And to expound on this....

At the last Tea Party downtown I asked the Capitol Police if the concrete "wall" on the sidewalks were considered off limits if you were carrying a pistol. They said as long as you don't get in the grass you are OK. So if, while we're waiting on everyone, you want to sit down, you can sit down on the concrete "wall" that separates the grass from the sidewalk.

For reference, the below photo shows what I mean by "wall" for you out of towners....

PICT0087.jpg

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Does an administrative policy carry the force of law? What would happen, for example, if someone had committed to attend this event, but missed this post?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Does an administrative policy carry the force of law? What would happen, for example, if someone had committed to attend this event, but missed this post?

I really don't know I'm hoping everyone will see it, I've tried to post it everywhere I can think of

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I tried to find the post in the comments of the news article where the guy stated he would do everything he could to try to be shot by one of us, but between the 12 pages of comments and the possibility that someone deleted it, I couldn't find it.

And sure, hide the GOOD gun! :):

I can't make it, have to take my uncle to the dayton airport that day...lol

and hey now, my glock is a sig caliber.....:):

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I doubt I'll be back on until after this is all said and done. So good luck, be safe and be smart. I've got reservations about the time/place but from my past experiences there isn't anything to worry about. My only concern is ruffling feathers too much and too fast at once (That may end up being a good thing), but you guys have already gained more attention than past walks and yours hasn't even started yet. Take pictures, and I'd keep a cam running the whole time, even if it's just on in a pocket.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good lord. I was excited to go to this thing as my first "walk" about a hundred pages ago. Now you people are talking about instigators, needing cameras, and people that are going to try and make us look bad.

I'm finding it really hard to continue thinking of this as an enjoyable experience. Could someone just break it down and say realistically what's going to go on?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Good lord. I was excited to go to this thing as my first "walk" about a hundred pages ago. Now you people are talking about instigators, needing cameras, and people that are going to try and make us look bad.

I'm finding it really hard to continue thinking of this as an enjoyable experience. Could someone just break it down and say realistically what's going to go on?

There may well be some folks try to cause trouble. Just ignore 'em, let them exercise their First Amendment rights.

If I thought there was going to be any real trouble, my wife and kid wouldn't be participating.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Don't let the fear mongering affect you...they tried these stunts before the first two walks and there were no issues or problems...don't let the fear mongers beat you.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I'm sure everything will go alright, just be civil and nothing bad will happen

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't let the fear mongering affect you...they tried these stunts before the first two walks and there were no issues or problems...don't let the fear mongers beat you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This. If the spreaders of fear convince you not to come, they've won.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well I'm not sure what all I've got going on so far that day. So if I don't have anything other than hunting that morning, then I'll be there! Or at least try really hard to be there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I'm not sure what all I've got going on so far that day. So if I don't have anything other than hunting that morning, then I'll be there! Or at least try really hard to be there.

You better be there! Don't make me drive up there and drag you to Indy kicking and screaming! :p

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

There may well be some folks try to cause trouble. Just ignore 'em, let them exercise their First Amendment rights.

If I thought there was going to be any real trouble, my wife and kid wouldn't be participating.

Joe is right, if someone is there we will just ignore them and walk away, lots of sidewalks in Downtown to walk on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom