• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    :noway: The OCers around here have argued their positions so intelligently that they can be found all over the forum. My guess is that they are sick and tired of people bumbling into these forums with the three exact false points to try to get rid of Open Carry. Where do you guys come from? Do you all come right from the academy to INGO to "educate" us all on how Open carry:

1. Makes you the first target the deranged madman, that is around every corner, will kill first.
    2. Scares dumb people, therefore we shouldn't do it.
    3. Clearly means they shouldn't get to carry a gun in the first place.

:xmad:

Why should anyone respond with more intelligent arguments when everything you said is so ridiculously stupid it doesn't reserve any reply at all? Books scare dumb people too, should we hide those as well? What if they get together and decide to ban them!?

I've been checking in on this thread since inception. Saw this argument coming in from the parking lot. :facepalm: It really gets old, doesn't it? I think if there is one thing that will thread jack a post it's OC vs CC.

lashicoN https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._reserve_officer-post2035818.html#post2035818et al, please refer to my tagline when dealing with the anti's. Maybe ignoring them would be a better idea? Just askin... :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Guys,

I've avoided the OC v. CC argument, but here it goes.

Like many things in life, it is about trade-offs. There is no "right" answer. There is only a balancing of factors. The answer I choose is the right one for me. It may not be the right one for the next guy, but that's ok.

Fortunately, we are (still) free to make those decisions on an individual basis.

In the immortal words of a uniquely American philosopher.... "Can't we all just get along?" :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Has Mr. Doggy been over to the "OC Argument" thread yet? He might find the "facts" he is looking for and have the opportunity to post up evidence to back his own claims. Might also save us from ****ting all over an otherwise perfectly good thread with the same-old OC/CC argument. :D

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

I'm still wondering why so many CCW-ers get all up in a bunch about OC? We OC folks don't give a hoot about how they carry, or even if they choose not to. Why the hate?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Has Mr. Doggy been over to the "OC Argument" thread yet? He might find the "facts" he is looking for and have the opportunity to post up evidence to back his own claims. Might also save us from ****ting all over an otherwise perfectly good thread with the same-old OC/CC argument. :D

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html
    Probably not....

I'm still wondering why so many CCW-ers get all up in a bunch about OC? We OC folks don't give a hoot about how they carry, or even if they choose not to. Why the hate?
    :dunno:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    On the same similar topic:

When this thread broke, we had plans to go to the Hamilton County Fair in Noblesville. I OCd there all day without incident: no bad guys tried to cap me first, no scared sheep ran screaming, no one complained, etc etc. I just had a nice time with my family.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

When this thread broke, we had plans to go to the Hamilton County Fair in Noblesville. I OCd there all day without incident: no bad guys tried to cap me first, no scared sheep ran screaming, no one complained, etc etc. I just had a nice time with my family.

GASP...

So it ain't so....:popcorn:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?! INGO'S ON!

Trying...not....to....fall....asleep....

3335-000027.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I was there, but I was CC'ing. It was stupid hot out. I wished I had worn my OC instead as it would have been WAY more comfortable.

The great thing about a 4H fair is that it literally has scared sheep.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

You're obviously doing it wrong. :D

Top Bottom