• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FTFY

No guns signs hold no weight of law. They're a "suggestion" or a "rule" or a "policy." They can put all the no guns signs up they wish, they cannot enforce them any more than asking you to leave.

ETA: There are states in this country that have laws on the books that do make it legally enforceable if you carry in a location that has posted a no guns sign. Indiana is not one of these states.

OP this post No Firearms signs Do Hold Weight of Law?? - Page 5 - INGunOwners should help answer your question on what a "no firearm sign" can be used against you LGEALLY.
    -Jedi

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Let me answer this!!! I work at a Dollar General! To my knowledge, it is NOT against corporate policy to ban firearms in the store. Only employees are forbidden from carrying a weapon in the store. Now, was it a manager that approached you? If it was in Indianapolis, that store may be in our district, i might be able to do a little good from this. Where exactly is the store? Address i mean.

However!!! The company is obligated to keep their customers safe. With that being said, my guess is that people were complaining, and the manager HAD to do something about it, in fear of reparations. Give me as much details as possible, i might be able to get in touch with that store manager, or let our DM know of the situation.

To add to this, if it WASN'T the manager that asked you to leave, GO BACK AND COMPLAIN! An employee (such as myself) has no authority to ask someone to leave just because they are spooking a few other people!

This is pissing me off knowing this happened, possibly in our district as well, please, more info on what happened

Please find out if it is or is not against corporate policy. If it is not and i am 100 percent sure of that, i would like a copy of the corporate policy. i will then OC there as often as i can at around that same time knowing that if he did it once, he will again, in which i will hand him his own employee manual and ask to show me where it is written corporate policy.

here is the address

12046 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN
    (317) 891-0634 ()

ItIsWhatItIs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    I barely leave the bed without carrying. BUT as law enforcement officer who lives in a different state than i am sworn in, I cc around home just to avoid any bs fit mouth know-it-all from telling me where i. am allowed to carry. they don't know i have it, i abide by policy by carrying. win/win.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I barely leave the bed without carrying. BUT as law enforcement officer who lives in a different state than i am sworn in, I cc around home just to avoid any bs fit mouth know-it-all from telling me where i. am allowed to carry. they don't know i have it, i abide by policy by carrying. win/win.

This is not an OC vs. CC debate. If thats what you want to discuss, please start your own thread. This thread is for those who want to engage in the conversation relative to my Origonal Post. If you disagree w/ OC then thats fine, but take it somewhere else.

And for the record, you are not abiding by policy by carrying concealed. Just because they dont see it, does not magically mean you are not violating their policy.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is not an OC vs. CC debate. If thats what you want to discuss, please start your own thread. This thread is for those who want to engage in the conversation relative to my Origonal Post. If you disagree w/ OC then thats fine, but take it somewhere else.

And for the record, you are not abiding by policy by carrying concealed. Just because they dont see it, does not magically mean you are not violating their policy.
    AMEN!

Top Bottom