• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'd be a lost, hungry,and lonely man without my wife. She asks very little of me so I make sure I do what I can to keep her happy. She has no problem with you carrying concealed but doesn't like you to OC. BIG FRIGG'N WHOOP. Hide it and move on to a more pressing issue.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd be a lost, hungry,and lonely man without my wife. She asks very little of me so I make sure I do what I can to keep her happy. She has no problem with you carrying concealed but doesn't like you to OC. BIG FRIGG'N WHOOP. Hide it and move on to a more pressing issue.

Yeah, right. I wonder how many concealed carriers would say BIG FRIGG'N WHOOP and open carry just because their spouse didn't like them hiding their gun. ;)

There are plenty of rational ways to make a spouse happy without the need to pander to every nonsensical whim.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    OP - Doesn't your hand have a backside to it? I suggest you use it.

Just kidding do not do this... Women hit back!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah, right. I wonder how many concealed carriers would say BIG FRIGG'N WHOOP and open carry just because their spouse didn't like them hiding their gun. ;)

There are plenty of rational ways to make a spouse happy without the need to pander to every nonsensical whim.
    How is that not rational? For example, my wife is very easy going and really asks little of me while cooking and taking care of the house/kids. I have a strange schedule so many weekends I'm working and it's just her and the kids, same with holidays...not a complaint from her. She supports me in everything I do. She doesn't like OC, then I don't OC. I respect her enough to accommodate the few requests she has...like not going to the local hootie bar...easy enough. This is very rational and she doesn't have "whims". It's not like she's asking me NOT to carry at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Seems to be simple enough to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If my wife asks me not to OC....I just CC. Not worth burning any points I may have accumulated. How I carry is not as important as that I do.
    I have never been big on OC but have on occasion and in the last year I have done it more. She does not like to draw attention when in public so I conform to her wishes. She asks so little else of me.
    Pick your battles wisely. Life is way to short for dumb :poop:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If my wife asks me not to OC....I just CC. Not worth burning any points I may have accumulated. How I carry is not as important as that I do.
    I have never been big on OC but have on occasion and in the last year I have done it more. She does not like to draw attention when in public so I conform to her wishes. She asks so little else of me.
    Yup. I did it funny the people that say you should OC anyways. How you carry a gun isn't the most important thing in the world people...there is more important stuff in the world than that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

:thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup. I did it funny the people that say you should OC anyways. How you carry a gun isn't the most important thing in the world people...there is more important stuff in the world than that.

Being a man does not equate to being "In charge" all the time.
    I can say this with a clear knowledge of this fact. After 2 previous failed attempts at marriage I can see where I went wrong and being the "Do it anyway" guy was one of my failures.
    Yup, go right ahead......

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Not if one is capable of making their own sammiches.

Glad I can make my own sammiches and then some.

Happy I don't work on a point system. I'd always be in the hole.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    To the OP:

I think we've all been abject observers at one point or another. It's the same as being a back seat driver or second guessing your wife's observations while SHE's driving the car. It's give and gain.

While your focus is on the bigger picture, she is focusing in on the details of that picture. Each look and stare is reason enough for her to want to change the picture. I'm not saying OC is good or bad, but it is the picture you've chosen. Understand what it is that she objects to, counter each objection (in your own mind) with plausible yet positive rebuts and help her see the bigger picture. When the time comes to discuss the matter, don't destroy her. Win her over. Don't make her see things your way. Help her come to your conclusions.

At the same time, don't close off the TWO way communication. Give and gain!

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    Luckily my permanent roommate understands my want to carry, whether CC or OC. Now my mother, she does not. She thinks someone will use it against me. I love her to death tho. Great lady, would never trade her!

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    To the OP:

I think we've all been abject observers at one point or another. It's the same as being a back seat driver or second guessing your wife's observations while SHE's driving the car. It's give and gain.

While your focus is on the bigger picture, she is focusing in on the details of that picture. Each look and stare is reason enough for her to want to change the picture. I'm not saying OC is good or bad, but it is the picture you've chosen. Understand what it is that she objects to, counter each objection (in your own mind) with plausible yet positive rebuts and help her see the bigger picture. When the time comes to discuss the matter, don't destroy her. Win her over. Don't make her see things your way. Help her come to your conclusions.

At the same time, don't close off the TWO way communication. Give and gain!

Very well said! It's all in what you mean when you say "I do".

Top Bottom