• the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    There's another kind? Who knew?!
    :):

There's a wide spectrum of how prone women are to emotionally based thoughts/decision making. I lucked out in that my wife is very logical in addressing things. She's not immune to emotion, but emotion is mostly a matter for her when it comes to loved ones and not every random person. Hence, where considering how things make her feel comes into play. Make sure it's obvious that you're listening to her and considering her input sort of thing.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Also, for the record, I'd like to point out that my suggestion is the one most likely to result in "nekkid", if that's still an option in your relationship.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just for fun... You COULD also decide that your wife's feelings are more important to you than your desire to OC, regardless of their reasons or validity, just because she's your wife and you love her and you care about her comfort...

:rofl:

That would be fun, just to freak her out a bit.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Maybe "element of surprise" was the wrong way of putting it. I'd rather not be the center of attention to a BG by OC. How's that? You can't keep record or documentation of criminals that leave the potential scene of a crime cause they seen someone with a gun. It's not like they call in to a statistics center and say, "I was about to rob the 7-11, but seen some dude with a gun so I decided to not rob that place." If I have an agenda to commit robbery and I seen someone that could potentially disrupt that, I'm shooting him first, then moving on. Today, so many criminals are addicted to drugs to the point they don't care if they have to kill someone to get what they need to get their next fix. I know this is the attitude of drug addicts cause I work with an addiction ministry on my days off and get to know them very well. I will still choose to conceal my firearm 9 times out of 10

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Maybe "element of surprise" was the wrong way of putting it. I'd rather not be the center of attention to a BG by OC. How's that? You can't keep record or documentation of criminals that leave the potential scene of a crime cause they seen someone with a gun. It's not like they call in to a statistics center and say, "I was about to rob the 7-11, but seen some dude with a gun so I decided to not rob that place." If I have an agenda to commit robbery and I seen someone that could potentially disrupt that, I'm shooting him first, then moving on. Today, so many criminals are addicted to drugs to the point they don't care if they have to kill someone to get what they need to get their next fix. I know this is the attitude of drug addicts cause I work with an addiction ministry on my days off and get to know them very well. I will still choose to conceal my firearm 9 times out of 10

Once again, there's a thread for this. THIS isn't the right one.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My wife have only been married since 2009, so she married into the whole concept of carrying, including OC as weather dictates. She's from Canada, and surprisingly she is very supportive of OC although its not part of the culture at all in Canada.

If you haven't already done so, maybe if you were to introduce your wife to this website, and other websites devoted to the topic such as Handgunlaw.us and OpenCarry.org | ?A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost? it might help her to see the other side of the coin.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Once again, go here and post your replies for OC vs CC! https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

I'm sure plenty of us will be glad to argue your facts with you.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Stop it. Go to another thread to argue about this. Most of us have argued about this subject 10 times too many.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    Just for fun... You COULD also decide that your wife's feelings are more important to you than your desire to OC, regardless of their reasons or validity, just because she's your wife and you love her and you care about her comfort. Yeah, I know, but "what about her safety?! It's my job to keep her safe, and I know what's best!" Got it. Save the typing. Just offering a wild and crazy point of view. In my experience, sometimes your wife wants to have the false impression that you HEAR her and care about her opinions and feelings.

My grandfather had a saying: Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?

DON'T DO IT!!!

She'll assume that something is going on. She'll get suspicious and start going through your cell phone and e-mails. Before you know it she'll find the receipts for your firearms and realize how much you've actually spent on them. And that's when the fight starts...

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    My wife had a similar issue with OC, she preferred I carried CC and I did while around her. She is my wife and because I respected and loved her she eventually on her own said she was alright with it and I began to OC around her. Remember your wife is not your opposer if she knows you care about her and demonstrate your love towards her I am betting in time she will change her mind. But if you force it on her it will be an argument that never goes away.
    I only did this for her, when others did not like my OC like an incident in Aldi's I politely declined their request to cover it up. Nobody is on an equal level with my wife and I consider her feelings above everybody else including my own.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Happy wife Happy life........Just saying. I think you should do as you wish but trust me when my voice of experience tells you make her at least think your every wish was her idea :)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Dude, this is between you and your wife. If you're looking on INGO for support, that means you've made up your mind. But if you've made up your mind, why ask? To strengthen your conviction, perhaps? Our words don't mean anything in your marriage at the end.

Top Bottom