• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gummergif

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2015
    REDACTED
    The problem with some gun owners is the same as the problem with some computer owners, they just don't take the time to learn. It always frustrated me when I worked computer support that people refused to learn even the most basic things about computers (changing resolution, finding multiple ways to do common things, etc). Now that I'm into guns, I find things similar in this hobby as well... :ugh:

You aren't kidding, brother.

I've had people with honest to goodness doctoral degrees, fresh out of school, who didn't know how to copy/paste, perform an internet search, or plug in standard cables.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Years ago when Dad and I owned a B&M gunshop I had a guy come in looking for a replacement ramrod for his muzzle loader. I set him up with one and he asked me if he could get a better price if he bought a dozen at a time. When I asked why he needed so many he replied "I only get about 3 or 4 shots out of them before I lose them or they break". The clerk who sold him the gun at wally world evidently thought the ramrod was the projectile and the guy didn't know any better himself. That one got me a "I Answer Dumb Questions" t-shirt from an industry magazine.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some of my alltime faves

A Contender rifle has to have a frame that was sold as a rifle.
    .44 mag will drop a deer in its tracks, will blow fist sized holes in it.
    a .22 LR shotshell is like a mini shotgun....great for home defense
    Racking a shotgun is good to scare badguys.
    Indiana allows rifles for deer but they have to be single shots or lever actions, or straight walled pistol cases.
    Beams...............you gots beams?? ( asking about lasers).

That one I've actually known to be true.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Years ago when Dad and I owned a B&M gunshop I had a guy come in looking for a replacement ramrod for his muzzle loader. I set him up with one and he asked me if he could get a better price if he bought a dozen at a time. When I asked why he needed so many he replied "I only get about 3 or 4 shots out of them before I lose them or they break". The clerk who sold him the gun at wally world evidently thought the ramrod was the projectile and the guy didn't know any better himself. That one got me a "I Answer Dumb Questions" t-shirt from an industry magazine.

heres-your-sign.jpg

Makes you wonder how some people make it through a day

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I love this thread!!!

Sorry, off topic, but these posts all remind me of when I sold my GSXR600 to some idiot kid (I assume he has since died in a fiery wreck).

He bought my bike cash, rode it to the gas station to fill it up. Then promptly called me.....irate that I sold him a broken bike. It wouldn't start. I drove 20 miles to meet him and figure out what happened. He had the kill switch flipped.

I asked him one last time "are you sure you want this bike? Are you ready for a bike this serious?" He rode off with his tail between his legs.

There's no way he hasn't wrecked the **** out of that bike by now. Too bad, it was a really nice bike.

I let a buddy of mine borrow my bike and he did something similar (ok rider though)... He couldn't get the bike to run, he said he would start it at the pump and every time he would go to pull away it would just die... He had the kickstand down haha I can only imagine what anyone watching was thinking if they knew what was going on!

You aren't kidding, brother.

I've had people with honest to goodness doctoral degrees, fresh out of school, who didn't know how to copy/paste, perform an internet search, or plug in standard cables.

What is the most sad is that I feel like all school teaches you is how to do a google search and then put the information in your own words... The fact they couldn't do this makes me wonder how they got a bachelors degree much less a doctoral... Maybe they were from the old days back when people used books :):

This is amazing! Well not really amazing but such a great story... That's beyond clueless and down right hilarious. Did you keep from laughing uncontrollably when he told you? Or were you just too stunned?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Customer came in and asked me to bore site a 22. Said it was initially close and every adjustment seemed to make it worse... Screws were not very tight in the rings and the L/R turret was on top and U/D turret was on the left.. Really nice person but obviously knew nothing about what was going on and I was more than happy to help out and even took it in the range and tested it before returning it to the customer.. No matter how simple something seems to you it may literally be rocket science to someone else.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer- CertifiedM&P armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    "You throw your gun into a fire and I'll throw mine in and we'll see who's gun still shoots" That was a comment from a brother of a friend trying to convince me that Sig is better than Glock

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    "You throw your gun into a fire and I'll throw mine in and we'll see who's gun still shoots" That was a comment from a brother of a friend trying to convince me that Sig is better than Glock

Sounds like he was trying to point out that Glocks have more parts that will melt. Not that I condone throwing a gun into a fire in any manner, loaded or unloaded.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Sounds like he was trying to point out that Glocks have more parts that will melt. Not that I condone throwing a gun into a fire in any manner, loaded or unloaded.

Yeah he didn't like Glocks because of the polymer frame. Either way it doesn't matter because neither one would shoot if you did that.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have posted it before but here goes...

Young man picks up a 1940 Izzy Mosin 91/30 and looks up at me dead serious and said, "What's the round count?" I answered "Well it was made during the siege of Stalingrad so I am going to go out on a limb here and say a whole &&*^*&^ lot..."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Many a year ago when I was a teenaged police cadet some of my cadet buddies and I went to a rural location to do some shooting. One of them was a reloader and took all of our empties to reload. When he returned the newly loaded rounds one of my non-gunny cadet buddies took out one of the rounds and examined it. He turned it over and noted the new primer.

"Hey guys, look at this," he said. "He even hammered out those little dents!"

After my retirement I took a part-time job at one of the big-box hardware stores. One of my co-workers had gotten a Colt Peacemaker from the custom shop and hated it, and for good reason. It was a POS with awful workmanship. He sent it back to Colt and it came back worse. Defeated, he took it to a gun show where a company rep from American Western Arms traded him THREE of their clones for the Colt. My buddy was happier than a hog in slop.

"I'm going to do an action job on one of them," he announced.

The next day he comes in and says, "I did an action job on that single action and now the parts are breaking!"

I replied, "Bob, did you by any chance use your Dremel tool to hone those parts?"

The look on his face was priceless. "HOW did you know I did that?"

I explained to him the realities of heat treatment, that the affected parts now had the consistency of potato chips, and that a Dremel tool should never even be in the same ROOM with a gun. I advised him to get replacement parts and a set of HAND hones from Brownell's to undertake his task, which he subsequently did with satisfactory results.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Random thoughts.

1. In a shop one day and a customer called and asked the owner if he could bore site 3 shotguns. Guy brings them and is told his shotguns couldn't be bore sited. No scopes! :ugh: Owner did sell 3 scopes and mounts however.

2. Young fella picks up a beautiful blued S&W 586, looks at it from every conceivable angle and says "Is this nickel"? :ugh:

3. Guy picks up a handgun off a gun show table and asks the owner if it comes with an extra magazine because his buddy told him not to buy one without an extra magazine. It was a revolver. :ugh:

You can't make this stuff up people! And proof once again that YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Top Bottom