• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The problem would be fallout with any size bomb, depending on the winds.

Well, if you wanted maximum destruction of soft targets (and cities count as "soft" for this purpose) you want a fairly high altitude airburst. The fireball never quite touches the ground so you don't suck up a lot of material to be neutron activated and made radioactive. The fallout in that case is minimal, and what fallout there is tends to be short half-life.

Yes, in another forum I hang out with folk who are knowledgeable on the subject and it so happens that this subject has come up recently (not nuking Chicago, but the use of nukes against population centers in general).

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Curious... if a nuke was detonated in Chicago... of course the effect would depend on the kilotonnage, but how big would it have to be to turn Indy into a radioactive wasteland?

According to my Nuclear Weapons Effects Computer at 100 miles from ground zero of a 20 MT surface blast (a damn big one, ICBM top ranges) the initial radiation and blast would be negligible (Chi to Indy about 180 mi). At 100 mi the initial fallout would be 200-300 REMs, much reduced at 180 mi, probably under 50 REMs, which is within relatively safe amounts. A dirty bomb would have limited physical damage but great psychological effect.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yes, in another forum I hang out with folk who are knowledgeable on the subject and it so happens that this subject has come up recently (not nuking Chicago, but the use of nukes against population centers in general).

A 20 MT air burst (at optimal height) would have negligible initial radiation or blast effects in Indy, short and long term fallout would also be negligible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We won't be facing an ICBM nuke type blast like the ones that Russia has.
    More in the nature of dirty bombs that are 'easier' to make/produce by terrorist.

Long term yes we do have some worry from China/N. Korea on ICBMs. Russia is not 'stupid' enough to launch just an attack. They like us know that nukes would end the world the way we know it. The Chinnese/N. Koreans are a little more crazy and don't give a damb. They would kill millions of there people if it serves their purpose.

Off course with the waco in Russia I don't get a good feeling either but suspect there are still many 'back channels' between us and them that would stop a full scale attack from each of us.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Curious... if a nuke was detonated in Chicago... of course the effect would depend on the kilotonnage, but how big would it have to be to turn Indy into a radioactive wasteland?

It's all about the winds... but if one did... Potassium Iodate. K103... take 2 85mg tablets a day for 3-14 days after the detonation while you work your way to a safe area.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems like if there was anything to this the Clinton team would have dug it up and buried the guy during the primary (unless there's something bigger going on).

Not if she, McCain and Obama were picked by the same people (Bilderberg Group). In the end, the agenda is the same no matter who we picked.

I now consider myself a Constitutionalist, but for many years I considered myself a conservative Republican. The Republican party has gotten so far away from what it used to mean to be a true Republican, that I can no longer support it. They are simply a bunch of neoconservatives now, and I can't support such things as PNAC.

In fact, I no longer support any party. I vote on issues now!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That was the incorrect link. =)
    Thats to the case from last firday.
    CarmelHP you almost killed my last hope. I'm sure later today someone will.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For those of you holding out hope on this one.
    Let me be bring you some bad news...

Justice Souter being assigned to the 3rd Circuit (where Berg's case came from) denied the application for review of the case on 12/09/08.

Berg has re-filled this time with Justice Anthony Kennedy and that decision is still pending. I image we will probably file with all of them until they all deny it.

So I do believe that we can begin to hear the FAT LADY singing in the distance.

**sad day**
    12/12/08 PRESS RELEASE: U. S. SUPREME COURT REQUESTED TO ISSUE AN INJUNCTION TO STAY ELECTORAL VOTES ON DECEMBER 15, 2008 UNTIL OBAMA PROVES HE IS QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT AS “CONSTITUTION CRISIS” IS COMING and ASKS “OBAMA” TO WITHDRAW HIS NAME FOR PRESIDENT

(Contact information and PDF at end)

(Washington, DC – 12/12/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States today filed again with the U.S. Supreme Court an Application for an Injunction to Stay the Electoral Votes on December 15, 2008 and to prohibit Vice President Cheney, the House of Representatives and the Senate from counting any Votes for Obama until Obama Proves he is “Qualified” to be President. This time, the Application for Injunction was addressed to Justice Anthony Kennedy.
    Earlier this week on 12/08/08, Berg filed a similar Application with Justice Souter, as he is Justice assigned to the 3rd Circuit. Unfortunately, on 12/09/08, Justice Souter denied our Application.
    Berg filed this while still waiting to hear if the U.S. Supreme Court will hear the Petition for Writ of Certiorari that he filed on October 30, 2008, requesting review of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Judge Surrick’s Dismissal of Philip J. Berg’s lawsuit against Barack H. Obama, Jr., the DNC and the other co-Defendants regarding “standing.”
    Mr. Berg remarked today, “I am appalled that the main stream media continues to ignore this issue as we are headed to a ‘Constitution Crisis.’ There is nothing more important than our U.S. Constitution and it must be enforced. I am concerned that our Courts have not yet decided to look into the merits of our allegations. I know that Mr. Obama is not a constitutionally qualified ‘natural-born’ citizen and therefore, is ineligible to assume the office of President of the United States.
    Obama, knows he is not ‘natural born’ as he knows where he was born and he knows he was adopted in Indonesia; is an attorney, Harvard Law grad who taught Constitutional law; knows the Obama candidacy is the biggest ‘hoax’ attempted on the citizens of the United States in over 200 years; places our Constitution in a ‘crisis’ situation; and Obama is in a situation where he can be blackmailed by leaders around the world.”
    Berg concluded, “I will continue to file Court proceedings until Obama either proves he is qualified or does the right thing and states that he is proud that he, an African American, received more votes than anyone else in the Presidential election on November 4, 2008, but because of things in his past, he must withdraw his name.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Well, I'd say the "fix" is in, wouldn't you?!

Also, I just read on WorldNetDaily (WND) that the Kenyan government has placed a gag order on the Obama family there. No one is allowed to talk to them unless the government approves. Nor, can the Obama family reach out to anyone about Obama - unless approved by the government.

Well, they ARE a "poor" country. (Perhaps a little richer now?)

Obama is going through a lot to keep the secret, isn't he? Well, he can afford it. George Soros and friends will help out too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, I'd say the "fix" is in, wouldn't you?!

Also, I just read on WorldNetDaily (WND) that the Kenyan government has placed a gag order on the Obama family there. No one is allowed to talk to them unless the government approves. Nor, can the Obama family reach out to anyone about Obama - unless approved by the government.

Well, they ARE a "poor" country. (Perhaps a little richer now?)

Obama is going through a lot to keep the secret, isn't he? Well, he can afford it. George Soros and friends will help out too.

You're correct, of course, or so it would appear. It doesn't matter, though, they've already talked. The word is out. The "fix" is clearly in, though, yes.

You know... it would have been much less transparent what they did if they'd instead used all that money to simply make a new, correct (but falsified) "long form" birth certificate and just display that, showing all the "correct" information. Shades of "1984", of course, but this is just plainly obvious. Eventually, someone will be in power and reverse all of this, but unfortunately, not before Obama et al decimate our country and Constitution.

Blessings,
    B

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I heard a guy on the radio, so I have no idea of the truthfulness of it, say that the birth announcement was in the Hawaii newspaper about a week after the birth as if it had occurred. If true I think that might be fairly telling.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I heard a guy on the radio, so I have no idea of the truthfulness of it, say that the birth announcement was in the Hawaii newspaper about a week after the birth as if it had occurred. If true I think that might be fairly telling.

I could have my child in another country, come or call home, and run or have a relative run a birth announcement. That isn't proof, not at all.

Top Bottom