• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It looks increasingly like insurance premiums for many of the most popular plans sold through Obamacare’s exchanges are on track for significant hikes next year. Earlier this week, I noted reports of requests for double-digit premium hikes—in some cases more than 30 percent—in dominant plans for the states of Maryland, Oregon, and Tennessee, as well as smaller but still significant hikes in a few other states. Today, The Wall Street Journal adds another, reporting that New Mexico’s biggest individual market insurer is requesting a 51.6 percent increase in premiums for the coming year.

Things aren't looking too good for the people insured by the exchanges. Their rates are going to go up and they'll be mandated to pay them, or suffer through the penalties of letting their insurance lapse. This is just getting uglier.

Obamacare's Looming Premium Hikes - Hit & Run : Reason.com

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We must pass it to find out what is in it. Thanks Nancy. Now that we are finding out what is in it, how about repealing it? Hello... Nancy...?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Obamacare wasn't written to work, it was written to be passed.
    it isn't supposed to work, it's supposed to leave no other choice but........single payer

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ahem:

"The FBP (First Black President) is historic. C'mon guys, let's give him a chance. There are some things I agree with him on, and some I don't, but, maybe he'll do some good. Why do you Conservatives have to run everything and everyone down?"

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    On my taxes,I just check the part that says "YES I HAVE HEALTH CARE"......and I will take my chances....Do you think that they can really find out for sure...?....I'm still registered as a DEMOCRAT,so I should be OK.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Pretty soon we won't be able to afford to WORK in this country.

That's OK.
    This is why we have all those undocumented immigrants from the south with free insurance. They're here to work for us. :):

Wait....that's wrong, isn't it....:(

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Obamacare was written specifically to fail, so that they "only alternative" is single payer, i.e. full government monopoly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The end goal of Obamacare was always a push towards the single payer direction. I believe Harry Reid pretty much came out and said so.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The end goal of Obamacare was always a push towards the single payer direction. I believe Harry Reid pretty much came out and said so.

I don't think it would be far fetched to say it was designed to fail/be very crappy so in the future when it comes time to fix it, a single payer solution will be brought to the table.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I don't think it would be far fetched to say it was designed to fail/be very crappy so in the future when it comes time to fix it, a single payer solution will be brought to the table.

Obamacare has only further increased costs, and put more burden on an already stressed system. Couple that with the fact that a good portion of funding was tied to a medicare payment fix for doctors passing tells you how little this law fixed. Like already stated, it was designed to fail. Its sole purpose was to get people used to going to the government to get coverage, i.e. build the exchanges.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Wait, those who voted for the Liar-In-Chief are now complaining about it? :lmfao:
    Anyone that voted for that moron should have their premiums and deductibles re-doubled. For starters. :rofl:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Mabye i'll over the state line to Illinois and find it cheaper............I think I heard that from some used car salesman or something...

Top Bottom