• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    If the GOP caves in, they may as well disband. It will be all over. However, while the empty suit, sadly, is formidable, I have a gut feeling he will be voted out.

I agree with most of what's been said in this thread. However, I couldn't disagree more with the last sentence in the above post. Not only do I think that the President will be re-elected, I think it will be by a comfortable margin.
    Since most people tend to rely on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and Drudge for their information (and are far too lazy or intellectually challenged to do their own research), the way in which fiscal conservatives are portrayed will scare the hell out of your average, benefit-addicted voter. Couple that with the fact that, as of yet anyway, the GOP are not offering a credible, electable candidate to oppose the President, and you are looking at a 2nd term. Holy shades of 2008 Batman!
    A lot can change in the nine months before the first primary but as a purely betting measure, my money is on Obama to win in 2012.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yep, the Bammer will win again through the tried and true use of "Patronage"

Why do you think FDR was elected over and over and over by such ridiculously wide margins?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I agree with most of what's been said in this thread. However, I couldn't disagree more with the last sentence in the above post. Not only do I think that the President will be re-elected, I think it will be by a comfortable margin.
    Since most people tend to rely on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and Drudge for their information (and are far too lazy or intellectually challenged to do their own research), the way in which fiscal conservatives are portrayed will scare the hell out of your average, benefit-addicted voter. Couple that with the fact that, as of yet anyway, the GOP are not offering a credible, electable candidate to oppose the President, and you are looking at a 2nd term. Holy shades of 2008 Batman!
    A lot can change in the nine months before the first primary but as a purely betting measure, my money is on Obama to win in 2012.
    Yep. He's got the money and the networks. Add in the fact that that the gop has a bunch of unqualified loons out there looking to run for the office and the stage is set for Obama 2012. Just looking at what they're offering, so far, and I can't help but wonder what's motivating some of these people.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yep. He's got the money and the networks. Add in the fact that that the gop has a bunch of unqualified loons out there looking to run for the office and the stage is set for Obama 2012. Just looking at what they're offering, so far, and I can't help but wonder what's motivating some of these people.

What's hard for me to understand is why some of the good ones aren't running, unless they're waiting for the next cycle when Obama's a lame duck.

Daniels, Christie, Rubio, though not perfect, any of these would be better than what we've got.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Dude, if I started drinking in the morning it would force me to REALLY start lying to myself.

No need to lie. Bloody Mary has a LOT of electrolytes and vitamins in it. It would be irresponsible NOT to have at least one in the morning.

Mimosa has vitamin C and carbs you need to keep from getting sick.

Not to mention that both have anti-bacterial properties.

And that's the TRUTH!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    No need to lie. Bloody Mary has a LOT of electrolytes and vitamins in it. It would be irresponsible NOT to have at least one in the morning.

And that's the TRUTH!

I like the way you think! :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

And that's the TRUTH!

So if I had a tomato, an orange, and some egg whites for breakfast, then added a side of bourbon on the rocks, I'd be taking care of my health!?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Bourbon: It's what's for breakfast

buffalo_trace.gif

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hate to say it, but taxes are going to go up, if they really want to get the true deficit under control. No-one, on either side of the aisle, has the courage to make the cuts and shut down the parts of government that need to be eliminated. That leaves them very little room to maneuver and tax increases will have to be made. Look at this recent spending bill debacle. They cut only fractions of a percent and managed to give even more money to the Pentagon, one of the gop's favourite charities. No-one has the courage to do what's necessary and no-one will even listen to the few that actually have a clue. As ATOM said, beans and bullets. It's all destined to burn.

I agree and its time to stop thinking of this problem as "them" "they" "the Government" It's "us". US WE the people voted these people in place, and we as a nation have not forced them to change. Now WE will pay the price. I believe we need to cut back on programs, remove some things, and raise some taxes. Lapse the Bush Era tax program and roll back tax rates to a Clinton era. Everyone needs to lose something to get this FIXED. Once solved maybe the collective conscience of America will learn something from it. We need punished, then maybe we will learn.

Thanks,
    MAtthew

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Raising taxes does not work to raise revenue. It actually decreases tax revenue. The year after the Bush tax cuts went into effect the government was taking in more money than it was the year before the cuts were passed. The only reason the budget was almost balanced under Clinton was that spending was cut significantly.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I agree and its time to stop thinking of this problem as "them" "they" "the Government" It's "us". US WE the people voted these people in place, and we as a nation have not forced them to change. Now WE will pay the price. I believe we need to cut back on programs, remove some things, and raise some taxes. Lapse the Bush Era tax program and roll back tax rates to a Clinton era. Everyone needs to lose something to get this FIXED. Once solved maybe the collective conscience of America will learn something from it. We need punished, then maybe we will learn.

Thanks,
    MAtthew

Let me get this straight - even though I voted against them all along, and even though I'm in a group that pays lots of taxes when 50% of the people pay no income tax, now suddenly I'm part of the WE that has to pay even more because it's OUR problem? How come it's only OUR problem when they need more of my money? If you look at the tax revenues and where they come from, it's been MY problem all this time anyway. I vote against this crap, then I foot the bill, but now I have to do even more? I've paid thirty years into a social security program I may never see a dime from, I pay more in taxes than I pay in food and shelter combined, but now it's OUR problem.

I am not a WE, I am not an OUR, and I didn't cause this problem or help it along.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Let me get this straight - even though I voted against them all along, and even though I'm in a group that pays lots of taxes when 50% of the people pay no income tax, now suddenly I'm part of the WE that has to pay even more because it's OUR problem? How come it's only OUR problem when they need more of my money? If you look at the tax revenues and where they come from, it's been MY problem all this time anyway. I vote against this crap, then I foot the bill, but now I have to do even more? I've paid thirty years into a social security program I may never see a dime from, I pay more in taxes than I pay in food and shelter combined, but now it's OUR problem.

I am not a WE, I am not an OUR, and I didn't cause this problem or help it along.

:-( Im with you, but as a nation... there is a we. What affects one affects another. The country as a whole needs a wakeup call. The only way that will happen is if we are... how do you say this.. made to feel uncomfortable? Most people get so used to being complacent and are very happy to just "ride the wave". Well when you do that things happen without you. (not you but you as in people). It's not fair but society MUST pull up the bootstraps and go to work. We have to cut programs, spending, and raise some taxes or else I don't see an end to it. Even if it wasn't YOUR fault, OR mine the only way I see a realistic solution is one that affects rich and poor alike... and it needs to be a little tighter, and hopefully more people of your opinion can help by voting and making a difference for OUR future.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Top Bottom