• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama gave a speech today about curbing the debt through higher taxes. He listed a bunch of his favorite government subsidies and spending programs and said kept stressing how America deserves those programs. He mentioned High-Speed internet, subsidized student loans, and other totally essential parts of the Federal Government, that he refuses to touch.

So the solution will be to tax the rich harder.

I wonder if the Jellyfish Republicans in Congress will cave in.

Obama Calls For Automatic Tax Increases If Deficit Isn’t Curbed

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Obama gave a speech today about curbing the debt through higher taxes. He listed a bunch of his favorite government subsidies and spending programs and said kept stressing how America deserves those programs. He mentioned High-Speed internet, subsidized student loans, and other totally essential parts of the Federal Government, that he refuses to touch.

Of course they will. Even the people here who always complain that the Republicans don't do anything about spending were throwing them under the bus when they ALMOST shut down the government.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Of course they will. Even the people here who always complain that the Republicans don't do anything about spending were throwing them under the bus when they ALMOST shut down the government.
    Not me. I wanted it shut down. I figured after a month we'd start to realize we didn't need it. :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I was on board for a shutdown too.

There is a cliff ahead of us. We need to be slamming on the breaks, not just coasting forward toward the edge.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Obama talk is cheap. Here are the most recent facts from this presidency:
    Deficit spending = $3.5 trillion, fed revenue $2.2 trillion.
    The 38 billion that the president was bragging about cutting is only 1% of the annual deficit!!!! When will it end???
    And yes I know there is a lot in there for Social Security. But we paid it in and they STOLE it. If they cut our Social Security, it will make Bernie Madoff look like a Saint.
    Go to http://www.usdebtclock.org/ if you want a real eye opener.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Its only going to affect the people that make over $250K a year right?

Remember, "people"=small businesses, so the coffee shop, the restaurant, the gun shop, inter alia who have a AGI at 250K will be affected.

Remember, those making above 250K will have less money to buy coffee, computers, furniture, guns from you as they will be paying the tax man. Further, their ability to hire or give raises will be impacted.

Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that guy behind the tree.

But we paid it in and they STOLE it. If they cut our Social Security, it will make Bernie Madoff look like a Saint.

Remember, you never had it. FICA is a tax and the government doesn't owe you a thing . . . just ask the Supreme Court.:D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Remember, you never had it. FICA is a tax and the government doesn't owe you a thing . . . just ask the Supreme Court.:D

Which is why "means testing" will be ruled Constitutional. Which is also why the cap will soon be lifted. And then it will be a welfare program and a generational wealth transfer program and a poorpaytherich program, which it already is in practice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The R's won't be able to help themselves. The decisions that have to be made will not be popular among the "government benefit" addicted. And they will have willing accomplices in the media and among the progressives to demonize the mean old, draconian, racist, homophobic, children starving, grandma killing, old white men. They won't be able to take the heat, I'm afraid, and will melt faster than an ice cream cone on an August day.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But from what I've been told, a person making $250k a year actually pays less percentage wise than someone making $30k a year. I'm not trying to stir anyone up, I'm honestly asking because I don't know

That is so off base that it simply had to come from a gun shop.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Yes. They will cave in. They always do.

And to a Democrat "tax reform" = "raise taxes."

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If the GOP caves in, they may as well disband. It will be all over. However, while the empty suit, sadly, is formidable, I have a gut feeling he will be voted out.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The Rs have as many people dependant on the government as the Ds do. That's because it's all part of the progressive plan. Get people dependant on the government and then you can pretty much so do whatever you want.

Rs love regulation and military spending and infrastructure spending and giving money to old people.

Ds love regulation and spending money on infrastructure, and giving money away to poor people and old people.

Two sides of the same coin. The only difference is what and how they want to regulate our lives.

The spending increases will never stop. Even the most recent "cuts" to the budget were cuts in budgeted spending increases. We're still spending more than we did last year by "cutting" out $39B.

Beans and bullets

Top Bottom