May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n_troops_wont_stay_in_iraq_after_january.html

I posted about it a few days ago.

Just Embassy staff and the Marines/Soldiers stationed there, ~160.

Some equipment will stay there for several reasons. First, things like most MRAPS are not useful anywhere else. Second, it would cost more to ship it back than buy new stuff. Everything left there will either be sold or gifted to someone. I remember reading somewhere that the Israelis & the Egyptians were interested in certain things.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not really Obama's decision. The Iraqi government won't allow us to stay any longer if what I have read is true.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Not really Obama's decision. The Iraqi government won't allow us to stay any longer if what I have read is true.

The US and Iraq signed at SOFA that agreed to have all American troops out by the end of the year. It isn't they aren't allowing us to stay, or they are kicking us out, but that was when we agreed to be pulled out. They had the option to extended it, if they wanted to. However, they have not said one way or another so we are starting the pullout now so we can meet the timetable as agreed.

U.S.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The US and Iraq signed at SOFA that agreed to have all American troops out by the end of the year. It isn't they aren't allowing us to stay, or they are kicking us out, but that was when we agreed to be pulled out. They had the option to extended it, if they wanted to. However, they have not said one way or another so we are starting the pullout now so we can meet the timetable as agreed.

U.S.

The SOFA was what I was referring to. From what I read, they have been holding talks on the extension. The Afghanis have so far refused to extend it. To me that is kicking us out, but you can phrase it differently if you like.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    You don't need troops to get the job done. Barry has single handedly proven this in Libia. Drones is all you need.
    We'll now have all our brave service members home, to fill the glut of green jobs created by thier excellent commander.

Top Bottom