• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I had a pair that got stolen out of my hotel room. Now i just dont have that kinda cash to put out, even though id like to own a pair again.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Love my Oakley's. I used to buy 10 cheap pairs of glasses each summer. I have had the Dart and The Spike now for 10 years.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Hell to the yeah!

Holbrooks are the shizznit! Ive got the Sean White Holbrooks in this matte white and blue and in the gloss black with 24K gold mirror lenses which are my favorite shades!

Sean White Holbrooks and me

2012-11-20060112.jpg

I LOVE SUNGLASSES, RAYBAN AND OAKLEY
    MY SHADES

2011-07-10130343-3.jpg

NOW I WANT MY BONUS POINTS!!!!!!!!!

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I wear a lot of hats, and have always had a hard time finding a pair that would fit under the bill. I finally decided on the standard GasCans and really like them.

The only pictures I have of me wearing them are from when I was headed out to go camping.

316753_10150341253556851_507266850_8671109_13028150_n.jpg

314691_10150341255221851_507266850_8671112_276474474_n.jpg

Black, Polarized GasCans. I typically wear these most of the time.

4ce452aeebe8d.jpg

Desert, Bronze Lenses (not available to general public). These are mostly worn at the range.

oakley_11_015.jpg

Might I ask what u paid for these? Very cool :-) the bottom set I should say

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I need a set of replacement lenses for my square wire 2.0's. Looking for the fire iridium color. Seems impossible to find. My google-fu is exhausted. Any suggestions?

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I have never paid more then $25 for shades, my eyes are getting older so a couple of weeks ago I decided to bump it up a notch and orderd a pair of Polarized Gascans.
    Well they arrived today and are defective , one arm is really tight and makes a hidieous screech when opening.:( They will be returned for replacement or refund, needless to say I am pretty dissipointed. I also noted they did not have MADE IN THE USA on the inside of the arm. It was an Amazon deal so I am pretty sure they are authentic, :dunno:we shall see.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

Well it's winter and with the first snow I'm reminded again of why I love Oakleys-- high quality polarized lenses!

The glare coming up off the white snow is harsh, and you don't realize how it affects your eyes until you slap on a pair of sunglasses. I immediately feel my eyes relax.

+1 Oakley

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I need to get a pair of Oakley's. I had a pair about 10 years ago and lost them somehow or another, and they were free! :( I'll have to research and get a pair this spring, I am tired of wearing crappy safety glasses when shooting. Lol

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I bought a pair of Square Wire 2.0s many years ago. Titanium frames and fire iridium lenses. I LOVED them. Had them on top of my hat cutting wood and got whacked by a branch and lost a lense. By that time they were discontinued and the only replacement lenses were on eBay for several hundred dollars. I looked in every Oakley store I ever came across hoping they would have a pair laying around collecting dust and sell them for the original retail price. No dice.

I have them as a saved search on eBay but had lost all hope of finding any. A couple months ago, I see a pair of used lenses with a buy it now price of $14.99. I looked at the listing, and one lense was scratched beyond repair but the other was in good shape. I couldn't remember which lense I was missing, but I still couldn't click buy-it-now fast enough. I got lucky...

Now that I am wearing them again, the earsocks are falling apart. Back when Oakley still had them, they would send you new ones whenever you needed them for free. Now eBay is the only place you can find them and they are going for $100. Might have to settle for some cheap knock-offs in a different color, those can be had for around $15.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I was thinking about this earlier today.
    I want a good pair of polarized with bronze rather than black lenses.
    I just have a hard time paying a lot because it seems like all glasses scratch so easy
    even when you are careful, then the getting lost or broken factor.
    The search may begin soon.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just have a hard time paying a lot because it seems like all glasses scratch so easy
    even when you are careful, then the getting lost or broken factor.

I'm still shocked at how scratch-free my Oakley lenses are. I wear them every single day and they look brand new. I never clean them with solution and only dust them off with a microfiber cloth occasionally. The lenses still feel slicker than snot. Rain doesn't stick to them and doesn't leave water spots.

I'm either wearing them on my face, propping them up on my head, or they're sitting on my dresser (not in a case). I'm not super rough with them but I don't baby them either. My Flak Jackets are O Matter (plastic, lol) so they're lightweight and flexible if dropped or crushed.

Because they were so $$ I do take special care to not leave them laying around.

There are some expensive products where it's clear you are paying a premium for the name or reputation. My Flak Jackets are one of the few things I feel confident in saying are worth the money, and that the "hype" of "Hydrophobic High Definition Optics", "Unobtainium sleeves", and "O Matter" frames is matched by their actual performance. That's rare.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I'm still shocked at how scratch-free my Oakley lenses are. I wear them every single day and they look brand new. I never clean them with solution and only dust them off with a microfiber cloth occasionally. The lenses still feel slicker than snot. Rain doesn't stick to them and doesn't leave water spots.

I'm either wearing them on my face, propping them up on my head, or they're sitting on my dresser (not in a case). I'm not super rough with them but I don't baby them either. My Flak Jackets are O Matter (plastic, lol) so they're lightweight and flexible if dropped or crushed.

Because they were so $$ I do take special care to not leave them laying around.

There are some expensive products where it's clear you are paying a premium for the name or reputation. My Flak Jackets are one of the few things I feel confident in saying are worth the money, and that the "hype" of "Hydrophobic High Definition Optics", "Unobtainium sleeves", and "O Matter" frames is matched by their actual performance. That's rare.

thanks for the tip :yesway:

Top Bottom