• ...and so much more!
  • Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Camo /BDUs

I have lived in Illinois and Louisiana and now in Indiana and Camo is everywhere and I have to admit its better than sweat pants
    I wear BDUs at my job ( required ) so I just got used to wearing them they are comfortable and have lots of storage space I usualy wear Khaki but hunting season demands Camo :yesway:

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I usually have a camo hat on. I used to work for Ferguson and got a cammo Rinnai Hat from the vendor. Needless to say it broken well and to this day it is still my go to hat.

On full camo clothes, i wear bdu's while camping because they are rugged and i don't have to worry about messing them up. Plus it is fun as hell to play flashlight tag in the woods. Nothing like laying in the middle of the path and scaring the **** out of your buddies.

Be careful! Here in Indiana, we're allowed to carry in the State Parks you know! Flash flash. . .BANG BANG! :ar15:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I do agree with the OP ...

but then again ....Maybe doctors should only be allowed to wear scrubs when in surgery ,,,, bikers should only wear harley t shirts when they are riding .,,,,

and sports fans should only wear JERSEY"S when they get drafted into the NBA NFL or whatever frikkin uneducated over paid sport they are supporting ....:D:ingo::soapbox::laugh:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    This question coming from a guy with a screen name from a cheesy 1974 sitcom about S.W.A.T

Jump in your converted bread truck and save the day...

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have 3 pairs of Propper brand BDU pants that I bought nearly ten years ago at a military surplus store in Shelbyville. I first got them because I needed some tough pants to work in. They cost me $40 a piece when I bought them, but they have outlasted MULTIPLE wardrobe changes, and I still wear them regularly. I have a camo green pair, a blue camo pair, and a white and black pair.

Since I got them, I have worn them working in factories, playing sports, going camping, on hikes, in the rain, mud, snow, bailing hay, roofing, decking, climbing trees, hunting, and just regular everyday wear. They are still in wearable condition. Only my blue ones have a small tear in the left knee. They are a bit faded, but not enough that I'd be embarrassed to wear them. Granted, they're not what I'd wear on a night out or going to a funeral, but for everyday wear, they stand head and shoulders above any other clothes I've ever owned. These things are incredible.

The utility and toughness of well made BDUs is outstanding to say the least; not to mention how comfortable they are. Keeps me warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. And the huge pockets means I can carry all my spent brass after a day at the range without having to carry a bag to throw them in.

Plus the camo pattern looks cool. I'm surprised by you guys. I wear camo to the store all the time. I don't think I'm a redneck. I just like camo. I own a russian military coat as well with the huge fur lined hood. I don't think anyone has ever looked at me weird. Even if they do...eh, whatever. I don't wear it to impress anybody. I wear it because I like it. And yes, I tuck the ankles into my military boots and 'blouse' them. It's comfortable and looks more proper to me than letting them just hang down. If anybody ever snickered about it, they didn't do it within earshot. They're obviously not ballsy enough to say anything to a guy rocking camo who stands 6'5" and 300lbs. :D

If you ask me, denim is WAY tackier than camo. I hate denim with a passion.

I swear by my BDUs. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I've enjoyed reading through this thread. I've also wondered about some of the outfits I've seen at the show. I've always thought everyone was just dressing to be in the spirit of things. Heck, even the vendors were all decked out in camo.

Personally, I went with a light coat, short sleeved shirt, and jeans. It gets too hot for my comfort at those shows.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    i havent dressed like that since i was 12(except when i was in the army) but people wear all kinds of crazy stuff. why single out cammie guys?:dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Never fails to suprize me, when I go to the VA hosp, you don't have to wear anything military there (hat/shirt/jacket) but so many do..............I always go to the show after work in shirt and tie, or jeans and t-shirt if I go on a day off, however, I suspect some dress like an action figure for the event. Cosplay they call it in Japan.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This question coming from a guy with a screen name from a cheesy 1974 sitcom about S.W.A.T

Jump in your converted bread truck and save the day...

HA HA HA...My screen name came from the greatest cowboy western star of all time....John Wayne and his movie "Hondo" where he played the title character.:ar15::ar15:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    HA HA HA...My screen name came from the greatest cowboy western star of all time....John Wayne and his movie "Hondo" where he played the title character.:ar15::ar15:

Love the John Wayne army movies never really got into the westerns will have to check it out...

Top Bottom