• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I go to my share of guns shows and am trying to understand why so many guys where camo to indoor gun shows.....

Are they trying to hide from someone?

Do they realize that Realtree and Mossy Oak don't work to good inside?

Are they trying to blend in with the other camo wearers?

Are their wardrobes that limited?

I just want to make sure I am not miising something....or didn't know about the gun show dress code....any insight would be helpful:lol2::lol2::laugh::laugh:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i think thats just their normal daily wear... i wear camo outside hunting, and i have worn it to a gun show as well.... i like the large pockets, and the comfort.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm sure for some it's the mall-ninja effect. For me it's because my wardrobe really is that limited. I usually have maybe 1-2 pair of jeans and a half dozen BDU pants at any one time. 2/3s of my cold weather gear is camo. Not because I seriously need camo, but because the decent performance gear that is durable out in the briars and doesn't weigh a ton like carharts is easier to find in camo and I refuse to buy a $300 goretex jacket from REI that I am going to shred in a couple of outings. I just check, I have about a dozen different type of head coverings excluding ballcaps, and all but one are either hunter's orange or camo.

If I wanted to be camo at a gun show I'd have a print of a rack of uppers or some handguns printed...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I guess I don't understand the question... you mean there are other clothes that are NOT camo... huh... who wold have thought of that...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I love BDU's for utility. I'm not the type who dresses full camo, unless I'm hunting or playing paintball. I must say, I have a few pairs of camo shorts from the discount rack at Kohls....they go with everything.:):

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    maybe I need to have a gilly suit made out of that reflective stuff that was on the hunting section last week so I could just blend into the tables of guns...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I have a wife that makes sure I dont look like the bubba that I am in public. A camo hat is the only acceptable daily wear camo unless im hunting. I like to see the guys wearing Black BDU's and some random firearm t-shirts. The mall ninja look is high fashion at the gun show!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with some of the previous posts. I often wear my black BDU pants around. They are very comfortable and I love all the pockets!

Are you new to Indiana? I'll bet some of those guys wore camo to their weddings.
    by XMil

:rofl:

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I wear Bib overalls makes me look even more uneducated .....
    and it works.
    You'd be surprised how many refrain from usung large words around me, even speaking a little slower and louder

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, I guess previous posters have about covered it. I guess there are the Mall Ninjas who feel tougher when they wear their camo to a gun show, but lots of other guys who just have a lot of camo, and some who've actually been hunting lately. The hiding from the vendors effect is real, too. Did you know I've NEVER recognized Printcraft at a gunshow?!? That guy is GOOD!!

\

Top Bottom