HK-ad_zps6ca53e07.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only way the officer in the photo can be using that rifle is if he does not know that you can turn an Eotech on. If he thinks it's just a clear pane of glass that you look at the front sight through, it is working fine for him despite being backwards.

In other words, the guy cannot possibly know what the Eotech is and how it works. I imagine somewhere, there's an armorer that bet a buddy that the cops in NY were so untrained, that he could mount an Eotech backwards and have nobody notice.

Or, NY is so liberal that they actually provide the halo sight for the use of the perp because most perps cannot afford one themselves.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    This just tells me that when the population of NYS finally turns on those enforcing the SAFE Act, it will swing in favor of the citizens. Incompetence is great when it works to your favor.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Can't tell 100% but it appears the backup iron sight is up so if he is using that he should be ok provided it was zeroed. Can anyone here determine that the backup iron sight wasn't up or he wasn't using??????. Yes the EO tech appears backwards and if so sort of rules out the EO being able to be used but with one snapshot who can really say 100%.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I looked at EOTech, not sure I could justify the price when I can get something that will do the job substantially cheaper...

That said, no idea how that image is fail, looks like he's leaning over to talk/listen to the guy beside him if you ask me.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Can't tell 100% but it appears the backup iron sight is up so if he is using that he should be ok provided it was zeroed. Can anyone here determine that the backup iron sight wasn't up or he wasn't using??????. Yes the EO tech appears backwards and if so sort of rules out the EO being able to be used but with one snapshot who can really say 100%.

I looked at EOTech, not sure I could justify the price when I can get something that will do the job substantially cheaper...

That said, no idea how that image is fail, looks like he's leaning over to talk/listen to the guy beside him if you ask me.

Do you really think this clown knows how to use a BUIS? Heck, he can't even put his high speed, looks cool, and was probably paid for by the taxpayers sight.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

The EOTech is mounted backwards.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    I don't know why this is a fail, the guy is leaning towards his left, from the camera's angle, it just looks like he's peeking at the scope coz of the shadow from his eye socket. His head would have be tilted towards the right if he had to get his eyes that close to the scope.

the fail is he has it on backwards....

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    This scares me because this cop is obviously using his rifle in the line of duty and has never fired it since he mounted the EOtech backwards. That means its not zeroed, which means either he just threw that thing on there yesterday or he hasn't trained with his rifle with a red dot. I looked more into this photo and its from a hostage standoff situation. I was hoping it was from a movie or TV show set, but sadly this is an actual NY state police officer who is jacked up beyond belief. The backwards red dot is merely a symptom of this officer's obvious lack of training and proficiency with a weapon system that he is 'qualified' to use. This lack of accountability is disgusting and gives us all a glimpse into the corruption.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    The other fail is the officer with the shotgun having his finger on the trigger. What are the odds the only two failures buy this/these departments that day?

One is an accident.
    Two is a trend.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Maybe he has that rear sight up because that Eotech sight has just never worked quite right. Like what's the big fuss about Eotech? They don't work right anyway?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe he has that rear sight up because that Eotech sight has just never worked quite right. Like what's the big fuss about Eotech? They don't work right anyway?
    ^ This^ I think he was telling the other officer next to him that this expensive Eotech is a piece of ****.

Top Bottom