• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Take out your barf bags here is the reply that the TRAITOR Viscology emailed on why he voted for Obamacare. :xmad:

Last Sunday I voted for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act because I strongly believe that this law will fundamentally and positively change lives. By providing an additional 32 million Americans with the ability to access quality, affordable health insurance coverage, and enacting reforms to protect those who have health insurance now, Americans will be more secure with their coverage. No longer will individuals need to worry about being denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition, having their insurance cancelled if they lose their job, or fear losing their home or filing bankruptcy because of healthcare costs.

While this transformational legislation will be implemented over several years, a number of its provisions will be enacted immediately. Specifically, the law immediately provides small businesses with tax credits of up to 35 percent of premiums for firms that choose to provide their employees with health insurance coverage. Additionally, the law requires drug manufacturers to provide discounts on brand-name drugs to seniors when they reach the ‘donut hole’ under the Medicare program.

In the near term, the law prohibits health plans from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions, from dropping individuals when they become ill, and from placing lifetime caps on coverage. The law also requires health plans to allow young adults up to age 26 to remain on their parents’ insurance policy, at the choice of the parents.

On the same day, I also voted for the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, which improves the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This measure will ensure equity in the healthcare system by removing special deals for individual states, including Nebraska and Florida, and broadens the Medicare payroll tax to apply to capital gains, dividends, interest, and other unearned income above $200,000 per year for individuals and $250,000 per year for joint filers to extend the solvency of the program for an additional nine years, through 2028. Additionally, the law provides tax credits to all families below 400 percent of poverty to provide assistance with the cost of health insurance coverage. Finally, according to the Congressional Budget Office, the measure will reduce the deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years and would continue to reduce the deficit in the following decade.

While we may disagree on this issue, I hope you understand my reasons. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    pjvsignature.gif

Pete Visclosky
    Member of Congress

----

Top Bottom