• Status
    Not open for further replies.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    OK, I got a new job, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it after all, but I'll see what I can work out with the new boss...

Plywood: I have 2 4ftx3ft, so since that won't be sufficient, I'll stop by Menard's and grab a few sheets before the shoot and leave it in the shed or somewhere outside if someone can stop by and pick it up.

I get off work in Merrillville at 2pm Central Time every Saturday...I could probably be there by 4pm Central Time at the latest...will anyone still be there?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    evilblackrifle said:
    OK, I got a new job, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it after all, but I'll see what I can work out with the new boss
    . . .
    I get off work in Merrillville at 2pm Central Time every Saturday...I could probably be there by 4pm Central Time at the latest...will anyone still be there?

Erick, I usually leave while there is still a pretty big crowd and I typically leave about 3pm.

And since Erick has his priorities all mixed up and prefers to work and feed his family instead of shooting, then I guess I'll bring some hot dogs and buns since he will be coming too late for the lunch.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Erick, I usually leave while there is still a pretty big crowd and I typically leave about 3pm.

And since Erick has his priorities all mixed up and prefers to work and feed his family instead of shooting, then I guess I'll bring some hot dogs and buns since he will be coming too late for the lunch.

Man dude that was harsh! I'm still going to try and see if I can get out of working, but in case I can't, wanted you all to know. I didn't get the job offer phone call till late last night.

If I **DO** have to end up working, I could always leave the food outside with the plywood if that will be OK; afterall, I did commit on the wood and the food and I don't want to go back on my words. Let me know how you guys want to handle this.

Erick

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Man dude that was harsh! I'm still going to try and see if I can get out of working, but in case I can't, wanted you all to know. I didn't get the job offer phone call till late last night.

If I **DO** have to end up working, I could always leave the food outside with the plywood if that will be OK; afterall, I did commit on the wood and the food and I don't want to go back on my words. Let me know how you guys want to handle this.

Erick

Honestly not meant to be harsh. As for work, that should come first. If you can't make the shoot then save the plywood until the next one. As for the food I'd say that there is no need to provide it if you are not able to attend, just volunteer for the next one. These are held monthly, sometimes Saturday, sometimes Sunday, you'll eventually find one that doesn't conflict with your work schedule.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Erick,

Melensdad was just "busting your chops" (ie. poking fun at you). The "core" of the group (melensdad, clif45, GhostofWinter, Andy219, Chef Larry, and myself) have been doing these once a month since APR of this year and "know" each other a bit and poke fun on the boards and off. You being the "new kid" are just getting the "hazzing" treatment we give everyone.

I don't understand why you don't want your Obama money and instead want to WORK. After all this lady has Obama paying for her house.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!![/ame]

If you can make it that would be great. If not no worries we will most likely have these all year long. I suspect the group is gonna want to do them in NOV and DEC.

Plus we also do a quaterly MEET & EAT where we OC (most of us) and go to a restaurant as a group.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    @melensdad: You are making me so depressed. I'm crying and curled up in a little ball. Why won't my therapist call me back? That *****! Not like I have anger management/depression issues or anything...

Lets do the meet and eat sometime soon...like today since I missed the last one.

Erick

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    @melensdad: You are making me so depressed. I'm crying and curled up in a little ball. Why won't my therapist call me back? That *****! Not like I have anger management/depression issues or anything...

Lets do the meet and eat sometime soon...like today since I missed the last one.

Erick

Erick, Bob/melensdad is also the owner of Pitstop smoke shop in pine island plaza which is a hop skip and a jump from Merrillville. You can find him there MOST weekdays til about 1:30pm. Stop in and say hi, OR stop in and grab one of his FINE cigars and shoot the bull with him. Afterall I KNOW he has been getting lonely now that terry is doing student teaching (I think he is now) and I had to go back to work. :laugh: As for Joe....well we won't discuss WHAT he is doing now. :dunno:

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    I just got hired at CLR auto transport @Whitcomb St. in M-Ville. If that's not too far, I might be able to stop in on my lunch break, unless I get a measely 30min lunch.

Erick

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Erick, Bob/melensdad is also the owner of Pitstop smoke shop in pine island plaza which is a hop skip and a jump from Merrillville. You can find him there MOST weekdays til about 1:30pm. Stop in and say hi, OR stop in and grab one of his FINE cigars and shoot the bull with him. Afterall I KNOW he has been getting lonely now that terry is doing student teaching (I think he is now) and I had to go back to work. :laugh: As for Joe....well we won't discuss WHAT he is doing now. :dunno:

Actually I am pretty sure that Erick and I already met. If he is who I am thinking of he came into to the Pine Island Pit Stop on a Wednesday about 20 minutes before I had to leave. Another member (Jeff - who then showed up at the Cigar Night and stayed late with us) was in the shop also and the 3 of us sat at the front table until I had to take off. Erick came in late and we had a really small crowd that day. I think it was the first Wednesday that YOU missed (because you started back to work). Joe got shifted to working DAYS. Terry came in early and left early because he had a test at IUNW that afternoon.

So I'm pretty sure that I met Erick?

BTW, my wife just came home with a big package of RED HOTS for me. Does anyone else like spicy hot hot dogs? If so I'll bring a half dozen of these to the next Meet/Eat/Shoot on October 16 . . . assuming others can tolerate these.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Rock on, I got my new toy!! Now begins the long, fun road of customizing it. I don't know if I'll have it in Winimac or not, it might be at some shop by then.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Actually I am pretty sure that Erick and I already met. If he is who I am thinking of he came into to the Pine Island Pit Stop on a Wednesday about 20 minutes before I had to leave. Another member (Jeff - who then showed up at the Cigar Night and stayed late with us) was in the shop also and the 3 of us sat at the front table until I had to take off. Erick came in late and we had a really small crowd that day. I think it was the first Wednesday that YOU missed (because you started back to work). Joe got shifted to working DAYS. Terry came in early and left early because he had a test at IUNW that afternoon.

So I'm pretty sure that I met Erick?

Yup, that was me at the shop. Those cigars smelled soooo good and I wanted one, but what was I going to do? Stay there by myself after everyone else left?? That's OK, I'm OK now.

Erick

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I will try to make it. Working second shift and the OT we have been working makes it difficult to do much Sat mornings. I will have a new shooter with me well two including myself. She will have a Taurus PT709 Slim 9MM. I will have Ruger P94 .40 and 10/22. Have ammo for all three. Will bring some snacks, drinks, or something to share with group.

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Put me down as a strong maybe! If I can make it I'll be bringing my new (to me) Hi Point 9mm carbine with the ATI stock. I'll have some ammo for it, but if anyone wants to bring more 9mm, that's great!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is this a joke?

I will be at Winimac.

Sadly no Woodrow. We (NWI INGO) have been very good at staying on topic while in the events thread and we (NWI INGO) also have the longest running steady events thread as well as such I suspect we have gotten some "look the other way" when we post in here. We (NWI INGO) did have a entire event post "moved" out of the events channel because we got out of hand and were still doing a "feeler" for a date by the MODs. Thus why now-a-days I post the "go vote for a date in the GENERAL" and then have that one locked and post an "official" once we have the date.

Here is a reminder of the rules.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/37703-guidelines_for_posting_events.html

It also makes it easier for me when we keep the other topics out of the main post so I can update who is coming and what they are bringing and answer any questions and update the FAQ for those that are new.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Put me back as a maybe. We went to work for an old boss last weekend and did some painting on saturday. He called us back yesterday. The next room is on the 16th, but we dont know if we are wanted there again. I will update you guys as soon as we know something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom