• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Well it apear that me and my wife shall be coming out. Shes a bit of a new shooter and gun shy as well as shy. i know ill have my new to me ak and sks. my m4 and mabye my mosin out for the first time.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Just one week brothers and sisters...one week away. I really look forward to these functions. The wife is excited, too.

Blam. Blam. Blam.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like I will be bringing more people. My cigar rep is bringing 2 or 3 people, and I believe that I will be driving in with fellow INGO member 9mmJV (Juan).

As previously stated, I'm bringing a small gas grill, gas canisters, hot dogs, hot dog buns, ketchup and mustard.

I may bring some cigars too.

It looks like I will also be bringing another pistol to add to my list of guns, this will be a CZ75 with a 22lr "CZ Kadet" conversion to allow the gun to fire 22lr ammo instead of 9mm ammo.

My main goal at this event will be to sight in my new scope on a target grade AR15 chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    ok so what all needs to be brought? i will be bringing my polish tantal with me but i dont have alot of ammo for it. i will be bringing my glock and maybe a sig 220 with me but again i havent got alot of ammo.any other food items that need to be brought? i will donate so money for the plywood too.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Update:

Attendance:
    jediagh + 5 (new shooters: 14 yr old girl, 14 yr old boy, 16 yr old boy )
    woodrow
    chef larry
    451_detonics
    melensdad + 2 (Cigar Rep + Cigar Rep's friend)
    9mmJV
    infield
    cp009
    GhostofWinter
    LadyGhost
    AuntieBellum
    Bubba

Equipment:
    Handguns
    1911 5' [.45] Jediagh has limited ammo (under 40 rounds)
    x2 Kimber 1911 [.45] Woodrow will have ammo
    S&W Model 57 .41 Magnum Woodrow will have ammo
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum Woodrow will have ammo
    CZ 75b [9mm] melensdad
    1911 [.45] melensdad
    GLOCK 21 [.45] infield will have ammo
    GLOCK 30 [.45] infield will have ammo
    GLOCK 26 [9mm] infield will have ammo
    XD [.40] cp009 will have ammo
    CZ 52 [7.62x25mm] 451_Detonics
    Kel-Tech PF-9 [9mm] 451_Detonics
    Glock 23 [.40) Bubba
    S&W 642 [.38 sp) Bubba
    M&P Pro [9mm] AuntieBellum

Rifle
    AR-7 [.22LR] Jediagh will have ammo
    WASR-10 [7.62 x 39] Jediagh will have ammo
    Winchester Model 70 [.220 Swift] Woodrow will have ammo
    Browning [.22 lever action] Woodrow will have ammo
    Remington Nylon 77 [.22] Woodrow will have ammo
    M4 carbine [:dunno: caliber] Woodrow will have ammo
    AK-47 [7.62 x 39] Woodrow will have ammo
    AR15 [6.5 Grendel ] melensdad will have ammo
    Armalitle AR180b [5.56] melensdad will have ammo
    M4 carbine [:dunno: caliber] infield will have ammo
    Ruger 10/22 [.22] infield will have ammo
    PPSh-41 [7.62x25mm] 451_Detonics
    FN/FAL [7.62x51mm] 451_Detonics
    AR-15 [.223] Bubba
    Mosin [7.62x54r] Bubba
    Ruger 10/22 w/ scope [.22lr] Bubba
    Ruger 10/22 w/ tech sights (aka "the girly gun") [.22lr] AuntieBellum

Shotgun
    Please note we can only use #4 or smaller shells on the 25' yard range. Birdshot is OK as well.

Moss500 w/ SpecOps Stock [12g] Jedigh has no ammo
    Remington 700 7mmRUM? [:dunno:] infield will have ammo

Food:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle the food stuff. Donations or members bringing in items would work. However the "food committee" wants to deal with this is OK with me.

NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #1: melensdad
    NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #2:

We are allowed to brnig food (ie small gas grills) onto the range based on our July 11, 2010 outing. Last time hot dogs and polishes were cooked on a small propane grill, box of hot chips and browines were brought. The food was primarly brought by two people (melensdad and AuntieBellum).

If we decide to do food this time I suggest we orgainze a bit more and either pitch in money wise or bring food to cook. It was very kind of melensdad and AuntieBellum to bring the food the last time but think it's only fair if the rest of us (or at least those that want to eat) pitch in a bit more.

Food being brought:
    Small BBQ Gas Grill by melensdad
    4 packs of hot dogs by melensdad
    4 packs of buns for hot dogs melensdad
    Cooler with a case of water by infield
    Lemonade and cups by AuntieBellum
    Brownies by AuntieBellum

NWI INGO Range Officer:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle being the offical INGO 25' range officer and have us as a group go over the rules and observe us all on the line.

NWI INGO RO #1: GhostofWinter
    NWI INGO RO #2: 451_Detonics

AuntieBellum and Bubba can help watch the line, too.

Jediagh will be bringing the NWI INGO Range Day Rules flyer that [STRIKE]Amy[/STRIKE] AuntieBellum put together. :D

Plywood Donation for the Range:
    DNR can only put new plywood up on Mondays. I would like for us as a group to donate some money to get new plywood for the 25' yard (3 plywoods) and see if someone can bring it. Either on Sat/Sun when we go or the Monday of the week we go to have it up for us. DNR advised that the state has tighten their funds so they can't always put fresh plywood up. The 11 JUL 10 outing plywood was heavly damaged before we got there and I'm sure by the time we left it was even worse.

NWI INGO Plywood Person:
    Clif45

AuntieBellum and Bubba will pitch in $, too.

Need free printable targets? Try this website:
    FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com

---
    UPDATE
    Coordinators please advise what you need help with either in bring items or donations and I will update the main post.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    any other food items that need to be brought?
    Good question!

Here is what is coming so far:
    Food being brought:
    Small BBQ Gas Grill by melensdad
    4 packs of hot dogs by melensdad
    4 packs of buns for hot dogs melensdad
    Ketchup, Mustard, Relish by melensdad
    Cooler with a case of water by infield
    Lemonade and cups by AuntieBellum
    Brownies by AuntieBellum
    Based on the above, anything else that is easy to eat by hand would be good. Possibly potato chips, nacho chips, etc.

Or, given that people need to stay hydrated, possibly another cooler with water? There is no good water source at the event for drinking so water may be the most appreciated thing that can be brought.

Is anyone going to bring a pack of Napkins?!?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I don't need any volunteers to sight this gun in for me. I think I got it set up pretty well, best group I got was 7/16ths of an inch. The gun is a custom 6.5 Grendel caliber AR15.

This is one of the rifles I will be bringing. :ar15:
    P1000076.jpg

5 shot group:
    P1000074.jpg

The ammo I will bring to the shoot will be different than what I used to sight this gun in, I expect it to shoot about 1/2" low and be a bit less consistent. But obviously the gun/optic combo performs well enough!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Good question!

Here is what is coming so far:Based on the above, anything else that is easy to eat by hand would be good. Possibly potato chips, nacho chips, etc.

Or, given that people need to stay hydrated, possibly another cooler with water? There is no good water source at the event for drinking so water may be the most appreciated thing that can be brought.

Is anyone going to bring a pack of Napkins?!?

I'll bring napkins!!!

Okay, technically I'll bring napkins, but whoever brought them last time and left them - thanks! We still have plenty for this time, too. :)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Sadly, I can only commit to a definite maybe. It will all depend on how my shift goes and if I have to work overtime.

IF I do show up ... I plan on bringing:

• 10'x10' canopy
    • cooler full of ice
    • case (maybe two) of bottled water
    • couple stacks of paper plates (for targets ... not eating ... unless we need them)
    • target pasters
    • staple gun
    • spotting scope
    • camera
    • first aid kit
    • box of clays
    • extra hearing protection (foam plugs)
    • extra eye protection
    • field expedient gun kit (lube, rags, small tools, rods)
    • etc.
    Weapons ... still deciding.

For what it's worth ... Let's not count out the .22lr pistols (I see there are a few rifles). A couple .22lr pistols can extend the fun because of the low cost and could help with the brand new shooters.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I know some might cringe, consider it bad karma or a jinx to even mention it ... However, going to the range anytime without being prepared for a likely worst case scenario is not a good idea. Everyone should have that goal in mind as time and finances allow.

I agree, we will all be safe and share in that goal by having our eyes and ears open.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Well I don't need any volunteers to sight this gun in for me. I think I got it set up pretty well, best group I got was 7/16ths of an inch. The gun is a custom 6.5 Grendel caliber AR15.

This is one of the rifles I will be bringing. :ar15:
    P1000076.jpg

5 shot group:
    P1000074.jpg

The ammo I will bring to the shoot will be different than what I used to sight this gun in, I expect it to shoot about 1/2" low and be a bit less consistent. But obviously the gun/optic combo performs well enough!

How many yards is that group from? Thats dang impressive.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    How many yards is that group from? Thats dang impressive.
    Roughly 70. Its in my back yard. I can go out past 100 yards on my range but I've wasted ammo in the past trying to get onto the target when sighting in a new scope. This scope was shooting about 5" low and 3" left at this range and it took me a few shots just to see where I was grouping. Then it took another 10+ shots to dial it into the x-ring.

I'm going to bring this rifle to the shoot, but the ammo will be slightly heavier, slower, with a round point so it should shoot lower by at least a half inch, maybe more.

I know some might cringe, consider it bad karma or a jinx to even mention it ... However, going to the range anytime without being prepared for a likely worst case scenario is not a good idea.
    Agreed. I had this kit at a fencing match when a saber broke and one of my students was run through the side with a broken blade. The blade, being flexible, hit his ribcage in front/side, traveled under the muscle tissue and around his body and out his back. Fortunately it did not enter his chest cavity. The nun at the school came up to me shouting "Dillon got stabbed" and I sent some of the kids to grab my kit while I went to find him. The opposing team coach was on the scene applying pressure. There were no paramedics on scene. We used pressure and gauze until they arrived, but did manage to get his safety gear off and while inspecting the wounds.

Some people wonder why I carry a first aid kit.

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    That is an impressive group. Any specifics on the rifle? ... Did you build it yourself? barrel type? upper manufacturer? lower? scope? Do you handload?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That is an impressive group. Any specifics on the rifle? ... Did you build it yourself? barrel type? upper manufacturer? lower? scope? Do you handload?

The group was shot with 6.5 Grendel Wolf Gold 120grain MTP factory ammo.

The rifle started out with a factory Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel lower, the fire control group was stripped out and replaced with a Timney Target Trigger system, I built up the remainder of the lower by removing and replacing the factory buttstock, and pistol grip. The upper is all custom built around a stainless heavy barrel. The upper was a gift from my wife. This group was shot today, I was sighting in my new scope, which is a Millett 4-16x.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom