Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Sorry if this comes out mean or "hammer like" that is not my intent but alas this is in written form.

1) This post is in the events thread and you know that the MODs do NOT like discussions in here that deviate from the actual event.

2) If you have a concern with TGI Friday's please use the "feeler thread" to talk about it. (Go here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._and_eat_-_1st_one_for_2011_-_vote_4_day.html) I did NOT lock it for that reason. Only comments on this one should be "Yes going, No not going, Maybe, questions about how to get there, how do I know you you are, etc..."

3) As it stands right now it's 7 for Santiago, 5 for TGI and 1 for others (with no suggestion!) :rolleyes:. So TGI is not in the lead (yet).

4) In the feeler thread I asked for recommendation and only got 2.

5) MY concern as organizer is ensuring we have a good head count and the place can take us in. As you know some of the members drive from the far reaches of NWI to get to these events.Because I know you and respect you I will refrain from any personal opinions on this matter I just wish your concern was broader, Give money to an Anti business you might as well vote democrat.

6) Lastly I know I can't please everyone and this year I won't even attempt to try it. If you do not wish to get any further PMs please just remove yourself from the NWI social group. It takes me 37 separate PMs to spam the entire group (5 @ a time) so I go into "robot" mode when I do the copy, paste, send for these events. Some can attest that they had already posted they would be coming and still got a PM about the event. :DI will not remove myself from the group, I have asked that I be omitted from these emails for the meet and greet as I now see where your main concern is focused, please be considerate of my request.

The Meet & Eats are attempted quarterly and it's one in LAKE then PORTER then back to LAKE. The last one was in LAKE (5 Guy Burgers) so this one is thus in PORTER. This helps ensure the membership does not always have to drive far from their home.

That is all.

:noway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sadly I know of no good Mexican restaurants in NW Indiana. El Taco Real used to be very good, maybe it still is.

The write-ins DO NOT have to be for another mexican place. Any resturant in porter county works. Pizza joints, national chains, small mom & pop ones any of them are OK.

That is all.
    OK, I'll make a mental reminder to not PM you anymore.

@Clif45
    +1 you hit it on the nose in terms of what the "meet & eat" is about. We have had some good and not so good places in the past but the memories of seeing people do funny stuff at the events has been priceless.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The write-ins DO NOT have to be for another mexican place. Any resturant in porter county works. Pizza joints, national chains, small mom & pop ones any of them are OK. . .
    If I can make the date, I'll eat at whatever food choice is picked.

Seems to me the conversation and the fellowship is what these events are all about. It was my mistake to take the tangent off regarding the type/quality of the food at local Mexican joints.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Put me down as a maybe.

Although I would like to be put down as a definite "yes", I have a new job and the hours can fluctuate, however I'm supposed to work evenings and nights so I should make it.
    Cant wait, should be fun, and I'll see y'all there:rockwoot:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I fell asleep somewhere because I missed the "vote for the date" deadline. I can't make it ... on shift. I wanted to show up with the family instead of sending them. :rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i must know place and time. i drive tow and work all day sundays i can get a hour or so if i know this so i can be there

WHEN:
    Sunday, 30 JAN 2011

Time: 1PM CST

As for place that we won't know until 25 JAN 11 since that is when the poll closes to vote on the lcoation.

To the 3 votes for "WRITE IN" where is your write-in? :dunno:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Santiagos is real good, it is not a chain, I have been eating there for years and never had a bad meal. I have had better but it's the best around here. It might not be real easy for people to find if they are not from the area though, it's kind of tucked in there but it's not impossible to find either.

I'm in Jediagh, just one.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    WHEN:
    Sunday, 30 JAN 2011

Time: 1PM CST

As for place that we won't know until 25 JAN 11 since that is when the poll closes to vote on the lcoation.

To the 3 votes for "WRITE IN" where is your write-in? :dunno:

I'm one of the write-ins. I haven't wrote in though because I'm not to familiar with food places in Porter. I chose the third option because I'm a picky eater and don't eat Mexican food and I really don't like TGIF.

As for writing in I guess I throw quacker steak in the mix. Wings are my favorite Sunday food. It would also give me a reason to visit bass pro shop.

So my write in would be Quaker Steak and Lube.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dummy me! I set the poll so you can only vote once NO change. But with a write-in I should have set it so you can CHANGE your vote as well.

So for those that have voted. If you want to change your vote please post. We have a 3rd location right now Quaker Steak and Lube, Portage, IN.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Dummy me! I set the poll so you can only vote once NO change. But with a write-in I should have set it so you can CHANGE your vote as well.

So for those that have voted. If you want to change your vote please post. We have a 3rd location right now Quaker Steak and Lube, Portage, IN.

This one gets my vote :rockwoot: Quaker Steak and Lube, Portage, IN

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    +1 for Santiagos.

Not a fan of Quaker Steak. Went there once, didn't really do much for me. I like the smaller places, but you can't have everything in this life.

Might bring a fellow INGO'er from Indy (if thats OK).

Erick

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom