NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    They have a grocery, Cafe, laundromat, gas station, bank and a concrete company.
    I just pulled a picture up. They finally finished the gas station (Gallops) They have been working on it close to 10 years?? It has been a while since I was down there. I used to pass through every day for work.

The other long term gas station construction is the one in Walkerton. I think they have been working on that one just as long.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just pulled a picture up. They finally finished the gas station (Gallops) They have been working on it close to 10 years?? It has been a while since I was down there. I used to pass through every day for work.

The other long term gas station construction is the one in Walkerton. I think they have been working on that one just as long.
    Not quite lol. When I moved here 4 years ago it was some fenced in unutilized property. I know at that time there was wishful thinking that they ought to clear it out and turn it into our second gas station but nothing was actually being done. It wasn't until maybe two years ago the fence came down and then over the last year they started clearing it out and building. The building went up pretty quick and then it was several months before it finally opened. People on Facebook frequently call it "The Gastle". It's better than Family Express to be honest. The only negative I can say about it is that the layout is kinda stupid. The actual building is almost dead center of the lot with a tight pump area in the front and a parking area in the rear that nobody except the employees really use. The holes to refill the tanks are also between the front parking spots and the pumps so the tanker has to pull in parallel to the building between the pumps and parking spots at the front. If you're getting gas at a couple of the pumps you'd have to back out and if you happened to be parked in one of the front spots, you'd be blocked in until the tanker leaves(which itself now probably has to back out onto 49 a bit to leave)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They built a new gas station down the street from my work. Start to finish was under 4 months. It's a good sized gas station, comparable to a Lukes

Top Bottom