NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are enough pregnancies on a us carrier on deployment between the sailors and at times the females have to be airlifted out due to complications.

As soon as a pregnancy is detected, the woman must be removed from any man made nuclear source (the reactor).
    So, the boat loses a crewmember for the entire pregnancy, and operates short.
    That's if you are in port.
    If you are at sea, the boat must go to port to remove the crewmember.
    So, if you've snuck into someone's port, you'll now have to ruin the mission, and sneak back out.
    And then run short on crew.
    So.. when you calculate the average pregnancies in an 18-24 year old female crewmember...
    Yes, it's a nightmare on a carrier. But the carrier has airplanes to transfer people.
    Not so much on a sub.

Then there is the millions of *** being used to adapt the submarine for female crew.

And now you've got me started.
    I said, don't get me started.

Okay. I'm done

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mixed bag on this issue, but I have to agree more on the side of Jedi here. Co-operations can work very well with well experienced and disciplined teams (like space missions and such), but any less and it will typically devolve into a high-school clique at some point. I've seen it occur in many professional settings, however not so much in the field. The military from a few decades ago could probably do it. I'm not sure about our military today. I believe that was one of the points that Starship Troopers made fun of.

Okay... I have more about this.

But as I said above... I'm done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Frozen dinners are not usually very good, but this Marie Callender's scalloped potatoes is better than most. I mixed in a little bit of cooked broccoli and a little milk, and it was tasty. It's big enough for two people or two meals, and you can cook it in the oven or the microwave. @actaeon277 , I thought of you and thought it might be something you would like.

View attachment 380911
    put it on my list to try

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So apparently Israel may have blown up roughly 2700 Hezbollah militants in Lebanon by simultaneously causing their pagers to explode. Maybe a dozen dead. A few hundred in critical condition. Possibly a couple thousand injured. Hezbollah used pagers because they can't be tracked like a cellphone.

All jokes about the Hezbollah "Kaboompalooza" aside, and some of the memes are hysterical, this is an interesting case study in dependance upon foreign technology.

How much of our US technology has been 'out sourced' to foreign nations which may not be totally allied with our values?

We know too well what it is like to be dependent upon foreign oil. Our pocketbooks hurt daily from that. We know too well what it is like to be dependent upon foreign fruits and vegetables and fertilizers. But have we really thought much about foreign dependence on technology items, even items as simple as a pager?

:oldwise:
    I have said this before….. strange tv’s are the only thing going down in price.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Their chicken pot pies aren't to bad. Hit or miss on the ratio of veggies and chicken per pie however.

Love scalloped potatoes and who doesn't like ham. Might have to try this one for a lunch at work one day
    I'm trying my best to stop eating them but I have at least one of their Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Pot Pies a week.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Tried going to a new church with someone who works on the same floor at work, but it just didn't connect for me. Was disappointed because it was more of a non-denominational movement, which I felt was perfect for me. Had no problems with the theology, but the way and style of worship was just too much for me. I felt like a fish in a desert. The young adults meeting was even worse. Felt too much like school, and I ain't looking to go back to that time of my life. Red flags were raised when they wanted my email and address when I first walked in. That and there is a deep feeling in my gut saying this place won't be a good match for me. I'm a relatively timid guy, but even I am cut from a tougher piece of meat that a lot from this crowd.

Looks like I'll be trying the biker church next.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Tried going to a new church with someone who works on the same floor at work, but it just didn't connect for me. Was disappointed because it was more of a non-denominational movement, which I felt was perfect for me. Had no problems with the theology, but the way and style of worship was just too much for me. I felt like a fish in a desert. The young adults meeting was even worse. Felt too much like school, and I ain't looking to go back to that time of my life. Red flags were raised when they wanted my email and address when I first walked in. That and there is a deep feeling in my gut saying this place won't be a good match for me. I'm a relatively timid guy, but even I am cut from a tougher piece of meat that a lot from this crowd.

Looks like I'll be trying the biker church next.
    I don't remember where you are, but if you are anywhere close to Crown Point (but I have a feeling you're not), the First United Methodist Church is very welcoming and has a wonderful pastor. Very dynamic and compassionate. I go to the contemporary service at 9:30. I am not a particularly "religious" person, but this church is a great fit for me. Not too preachy--very non-judgmental and inspirational. Pastor Mark is great at making the scripture relevant using stories or anecdotes.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I don't remember where you are, but if you are anywhere close to Crown Point (but I have a feeling you're not), the First United Methodist Church is very welcoming and has a wonderful pastor. Very dynamic and compassionate. I go to the contemporary service at 9:30. I am not a particularly "religious" person, but this church is a great fit for me. Not too preachy--very non-judgmental and inspirational. Pastor Mark is great at making the scripture relevant using stories or anecdotes.
    I appreciate the recommendation, however yeah CP is a bit of a distance for me. At the risk of stirring Hello Kitty's wrath, South Bend is my wheelhouse.

This situation kind of hurts though, as I was hoping to use this as a way to meet new and like minded people in my local area, and maybe, just maybe, find a girl my age with similar beliefs. I'm not a "religious" person either (have quite an affinity for hanging out with some good ol' boys drinking beer on a Friday night listening to some heavy metal), though I do take my spiritual life seriously, and won't hesitate to talk about Jesus when the time is right. Have no desire to go back to Catholicism, too many issues with the theology. I liked the theology of this place but it felt like I was at a retreat for a Catholic middle school.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Their chicken pot pies aren't to bad. Hit or miss on the ratio of veggies and chicken per pie however.

Love scalloped potatoes and who doesn't like ham. Might have to try this one for a lunch at work one day
    I like Strack and Van Til's pot pies.
    But I don't always see them.
    And I only see chicken ones. I'd like some beef or turkey.

Top Bottom