NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So apparently Israel may have blown up roughly 2700 Hezbollah militants in Lebanon by simultaneously causing their pagers to explode. Maybe a dozen dead. A few hundred in critical condition. Possibly a couple thousand injured. Hezbollah used pagers because they can't be tracked like a cellphone.

All jokes about the Hezbollah "Kaboompalooza" aside, and some of the memes are hysterical, this is an interesting case study in dependance upon foreign technology.

How much of our US technology has been 'out sourced' to foreign nations which may not be totally allied with our values?

We know too well what it is like to be dependent upon foreign oil. Our pocketbooks hurt daily from that. We know too well what it is like to be dependent upon foreign fruits and vegetables and fertilizers. But have we really thought much about foreign dependence on technology items, even items as simple as a pager?

:oldwise:

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    But have we really thought much about foreign dependence on technology items
    I think we found that out when all the vehicles were sitting in lots missing computer chips to make them run. It did not seem to make a big difference to people.

BTW I am really curious how they got the pagers to release their energy. Explosives or some way to make the batteries pop?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think we found that out when all the vehicles were sitting in lots missing computer chips to make them run. It did not seem to make a big difference to people.

BTW I am really curious how they got the pagers to release their energy. Explosives or some way to make the batteries pop?
    A couple reports I saw said they were lithium battery explosions but at this point I'm not sure anyone is 100% positive (other than the guy/s who designed them). Wall Street Journal says they were a new batch of pagers that were recently delivered.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Frozen dinners are not usually very good, but this Marie Callender's scalloped potatoes is better than most. I mixed in a little bit of cooked broccoli and a little milk, and it was tasty. It's big enough for two people or two meals, and you can cook it in the oven or the microwave. @actaeon277 , I thought of you and thought it might be something you would like.

1726612157321.png

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Frozen dinners are not usually very good, but this Marie Callender's scalloped potatoes is better than most. I mixed in a little bit of cooked broccoli and a little milk, and it was tasty. It's big enough for two people or two meals, and you can cook it in the oven or the microwave. @actaeon277 , I thought of you and thought it might be something you would like.

View attachment 380911

you had me at "with Ham". It's gotta be good!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

View attachment 380911
    Their chicken pot pies aren't to bad. Hit or miss on the ratio of veggies and chicken per pie however.

Love scalloped potatoes and who doesn't like ham. Might have to try this one for a lunch at work one day

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom