NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Work. Had to head coach CC practice (tad more running than I'm used to). Kid continued to perfect his bike riding in the parking lot. Jewel for some groceries and cheep chicken Mondays. Fed. Showered. His doing homework while I'm watching the ballgame and sipping a fine store pick of bourbon. Wife should be home about 9. Business as usual here.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    We could only get dial up for years and then they ran fiber. A little bit of a jump.
    Yeah all my neighbors has grandfathered DSL, and they told me they will not provide me with a new DSL connection. The fiber lines subsequentially do not go down in my direction from the hub, at least not far enough to reach me. I would think with all the businesses and that fancy neighborhood there would be at least something, but making sense of corporate bureaucracy is the second definition of insanity.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Here they would not even offer DSL and the cable line was a tiny cable company that comcast bought out, so it was not setup for internet.

My Aunt lived on a small piece of a county rd. 1/4 mile long, off Edison. They forgot to run cable down that road when they ran down Edison. Since the tracks were there, they would not cross the tracks from the other side. One small dead spot in that area.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Once I pay off my credit card for this month, I am going to be ordering a Starlink system. A friend of mine has it on Peach Tr., and he says it works pretty well. He also has way more trees than I do, so it should give me no problems.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Once I pay off my credit card for this month, I am going to be ordering a Starlink system. A friend of mine has it on Peach Tr., and he says it works pretty well. He also has way more trees than I do, so it should give me no problems.
    You will have to let me know how you like it. I would be curious what kind of speeds? Fiber is doing good here and quite reliable.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    You will have to let me know how you like it. I would be curious what kind of speeds? Fiber is doing good here and quite reliable.
    I doubt it will beat fiber when it comes to speed and cost. I'm pretty sure it's $120 a month after around $500 for the router, and I can't imagine it's possible for a sat connection to be faster than fiber optics.

Top Bottom