NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Dad needs a hip replacement and is barely getting around (surgery rescheduled twice now). He is behind on several chores ( 3 1/2 hours away), and I offered to knock out as many as I can.

Got everything knocked out. Sore AF. Kid got to drive around on the lawn tractor with wagon while we picked up the tree trimmings. Did well. Supposed to hang out with friends tomorrow (if I can even move)? :faint:
    A young buck like you should be good to go.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    -1000 for the Round The Clock In Highland.

This is the 2nd time coming to this location and it being a sh...show.

Recall last time we never got servered and walked out after 20mins along with another party that did the same.

Came for the 1/2 off burger meal from 8pm to 10pm. Daughter just wanted a soup so figured we would just order the burer meal she could eat the soup. jedi would eat the burger.

Waiter said that if we share the burger meal it's not 50% off. OK that is not what the menu said but sure change the rules. So daughter orders a soup.

The burger arrives and jedi cuts it in half. Half way thru the meal the manager comes by instead of saying "how is everything" as she has been standing by the register looking at us says "remember if you share its not half off."

:wow:
    jedi just smiles.
    The waiter walks by and jedi asks for a box to go and the check.
    We pack the other half and pay and leave.

This restaurant if official on the bad list.
    How long is your restaurant bad list and who is on it?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How long is your restaurant bad list and who is on it?
    Hum....

Aurelio's Pizza (munster) for slapping the CC fee and NOT having a sign on menu or at door about it.

Freddy's Steak House (Hammond) for severing raw chicken fingers to daughter, no apology and still charging us for them!

Chela's Birria Tacos (Whiting) jedi asked for a 2nd horchta drink the waiters said it's not free refills (which jedi knew and was willing to pay for a 2nd drink). Waiters had attitude bringing the 2nd one. jedi asks for a 3rd near the end of the meal and again lady says it's not free refills are you going to pay? BLOODY FU... HELL! jedi knows this! If jedi is asking for a 3rd and is willing to pay bring the DAMB drink and shut your pie hole!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now in terms of bad food.

El jimador (griffith) trash mexican food. Flavorless meat, dry unflavored rice, horrible beans.

Schoops (Hammond) they used to be ok but as of 2024 they switched out the bread and the meat portion got smaller (at this location) and their cheese is not nacho cheese but some off light yellow stuff. This just does not taste like schoops.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Recall last time we never got servered and walked out after 20mins along with another party that did the same.

Came for the 1/2 off burger meal from 8pm to 10pm. Daughter just wanted a soup so figured we would just order the burer meal she could eat the soup. jedi would eat the burger.

Waiter said that if we share the burger meal it's not 50% off. OK that is not what the menu said but sure change the rules. So daughter orders a soup.

The burger arrives and jedi cuts it in half. Half way thru the meal the manager comes by instead of saying "how is everything" as she has been standing by the register looking at us says "remember if you share its not half off."

jedi just smiles.

I just cannot imagine what difference it makes to them what you do with the burger….. I mean if it was all you can eat or something of that nature yeah of course but this is absurd.

More importantly 8-10pm awfully close to the witching hour…. Nestled in my bed by then my dad always told me nothing good happens after midnight I error on the side of caution. :dunno: :laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

jedi just smiles.

They used to have a non family manager years ago, named George. He was a great guy and the place ran like a machine.
    Then they brought in family and he had little autonomy, and the place went down hill.
    The last time I ate there I had a hankering for fish (now I am not Caholic, but I love lent because you can get fish everywhere, and I love fish!)
    I ordered the perch and what they brought me was 5 fish sticks, with the breading scraped off, yhat were dry as a bone. Steamed vegetables that were dry and stringy. I choked down 1 piece of cardboard and went to the register, paid my bill, complained to the manager, and gave the waitress $5 and told her it was not her fault.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!

Now I know why Brothers changed its name.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You guys see the manhunt in Lowell ???? Still haven’t found him as far as I can tell. Random guy random attack at a softball field.. on a 14yo girl…
    This is who they're looking for and apparently has been involved in multiple incidents throught NWI over the last several days, although nothing on what those other incidents are. Stay strapped my friends, crazy is everywhere

1000004262.jpg

Top Bottom