NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Too much to do.
    A drive in/fly in lunch at LaPorte airport on Friday then the beach and dinner at Bridges's in Michigan City.
    Kouts pork fest then Rockopelli at Bulldog Park in CP yesterday.

How did I find time to work?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I can die a happy man. Went to KY to Cumberland Falls but knew Corbin KY was home to the original Colonial Sanders restaurant. He was born in Henryville, IN. Had lunch and some pics. Neat little free “museum” that was very informative.

View attachment 375587View attachment 375589.
    Got to meet the Colonel back in 1970 at the local KFC in Joliet as they were filming a commercial and he was there.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Too much to do.
    A drive in/fly in lunch at LaPorte airport on Friday then the beach and dinner at Bridges's in Michigan City.
    Kouts pork fest then Rockopelli at Bulldog Park in CP yesterday.

How did I find time to work?
    Went to the pork fest for the first time not nearly as much pork as I expected given the name. But it was near the rendezvous we went to so grabbed a bite to eat there anyhow.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    @jedi did you ever find a plumber or anything to replace your water heater? Came home last night and the pilot light was out and it looks like a small leak has developed on the bottom, likely from rust. Would like to get it replaced before the whole bottom goes. Would do it myself but not a guy that messes with copper plumbing. Water heater is probably 20ish years old, doubt its ever been flushed or the rod replaced.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
      image0.jpg
      267.3 KB · Views: 4
    • image1.jpg
      image1.jpg
      212.6 KB · Views: 4

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    PSA

BNI (Hammond, IN)

Good Afternoon,
    Due to expected extreme and hot temperatures scheduled for tomorrow all students will be dismissed at 12:00pm. Lunch will be served for all students until 12:30pm in the cafteria. All after school activities have been cancelled, please plan accordingly.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    PSA

BNI (Hammond, IN)

Good Afternoon,
    Due to expected extreme and hot temperatures scheduled for tomorrow all students will be dismissed at 12:00pm. Lunch will be served for all students until 12:30pm in the cafteria. All after school activities have been cancelled, please plan accordingly.
    I assume that means the school building is still without A/C. Probably would cost a ton if money to run central air into a building that old. I worked there a number of years ago. August school days were brutal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I assume that means the school building is still without A/C. Probably would cost a ton if money to run central air into a building that old. I worked there a number of years ago. August school days were brutal.
    Correct.

The retrofit for such a building would NOT be worth it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    PSA

BNI (Hammond, IN)

Good Afternoon,
    What is BNI?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Brutal. Home and straight to the pool today. Kid has marching band practice from 3:30 to 5:30 & they generally practice on the freshly blacktopped parking lot. Sure hope they did part of practice indoors today

Top Bottom