NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The rumor mill has the KFC's closing Friday like Pozza Hut (same owner). I'm particularly going to avoid eating there with employees knowing their getting the axe.

Wonder if they also own Taco Bell too.
    Haven't eaten there in a few years. Way to many bad experiences, at least with the one on rt6 in hobart. Rather get stracks chicken at 1/4 the cost on top of it.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    There are very few good KFC's. The one on 169th in Hammond is terrible and so is the one on Ridge in
    Griffith. The one on Ridge in Munster is just o.k. Let the market decide which apparently it
    already has.
    If I get chicken it's from Strack's.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There are very few good KFC's. The one on 169th in Hammond is terrible and so is the one on Ridge in
    Griffith. The one on Ridge in Munster is just o.k. Let the market decide which apparently it
    already has.
    If I get chicken it's from Strack's.
    The one on ridge (Griffith) runs out of chicken often according to jedi bil.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The only KFC that I have found to be consistently good is the Lowell one. I ate there occasionally when I was working in Lowell. But that was 6-7 years ago. The Crown Point one is meh. Not really bad, but not great either.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That they live in Indiana because it is cheaper, but then they vote Illinois style.
    Not realizing, they are trying to "Illinois" my Indiana.

Didn't figure out I had to spell it out.
    But... since you work in Illinois, I guess some brain rot is inevitable.
    jedi just wants ya south of us30 to pay MORE than their fair share of taxes. :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FWIW, your favorite rural dwelling NWI curmudgeon, and Olympic style Fencing Coach is entering busy season for fencing coaching.

Purdue University, West Lafayette (main campus) starts fencing practices TONIGHT. 3 days a week.

The high school season also starts practice, but not until September.

The competition season starts is starting now for USA Fencing events. I'll mostly attend Regionals and skip Nationals this season. The collegiate coaching will keep me too busy to attention nationals.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Face it.
    NWI is filled with people that work in Illinois, but live here, because it's cheaper, but then can't make the connection.
    I don't think that is really true. When you are there everything is more expensive. It is really obvious. One thing that amazed me was when Walmart had their little store downtown. It actually had the same prices for stuff as the one in Valpo. It was far less expensive than anything around it.

Even the people that live there know it is cheaper here.

Top Bottom