NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    A few gusty winds for a minute and some lightning, then rain down here, no big deal. News reports one fatality in Cedar Lake, tree fell through the roof.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Lots of wind. .5" of rain. Seen some small branches down on way to work. Nothing major in my area as far as I can tell

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Our power was out last night. Generator kicked on as designed and ran until the power came back on some time this morning. Had no power for about 20 seconds.
    Same. Ours flickered twice, went out for about 15 seconds, and then came back on.

Damn. I need to stop saying "our" and start saying "my". Old habits die hard.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Everybody OK? Power? No power? I haven't driven around, but I heard south Crown Point got beat up pretty bad. Nothing serious in my neighborhood (which is in south Crown Point).
    Neighbor texted me that he stayed awake just in case. Our part of Porter is ok. Power stayed on. Other parts of Porter and Chesterton are down. He said he's going to do a walk around later.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I got the grill together fine, but my propane tank leaks around the valve. I hooked it up to the grill, and when I opened the valve, I felt gas shooting out from around the valve. I guess I need to exchange the tank for a new one.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Step-daughter was told she will be without power for at least a couple of days. She is just outside Valpo, West of the Strack and Van Til on 30.
    Yikes. That sucks. Thankfully the temps are suppose to be cooler after today

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How's your lawn looking?

10 days ago, it was dormant, yellow and heat stressed. Then we got the rain early last week and it greened up quite a bit. I picked up some fertilizer and figured it had gotten enough moisture to not burn....I was never more right in my life. I put down some fert Thursday then it rained Thursday and Friday- put the rest down Saturday, then got an inch of rain overnight Saturday, then 1 1/2 inches while we were in church Sunday- then 2 inches Sunday night and another 1/2 in last night. That totaled about 8 1/2 inches since last Monday.

The irony- the "big part" of the front yard (about 32k sq ft) got the fert first...and is now too wet to mow without muddy tire tracks and is taking off ...hopefully we can mow it tomorrow or Thursday.

Oh, and now I have this messin' up the lawn:

1721152629032.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I got the grill together fine, but my propane tank leaks around the valve. I hooked it up to the grill, and when I opened the valve, I felt gas shooting out from around the valve. I guess I need to exchange the tank for a new one.

Was it from between the valve, and the pipe stem that comes up from the bottle? (need new bottle. and let someone know about it)
    Was it from the valve itself? (same as above)
    Was it from between the valve, and the hose leading to the grill? (might be a missing 0-ring/gasket)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    dang it.

forgot cell phone this morning. Walked out with papers in my hand, so I didn't notice my phone wasn't in it.
    of course, today is Calumet Brewery delivery day, because they can't deliver tomorrow like the others.
    no cell phone. no watching you tube while waiting.

Someone set up a computer, here at the Post. Figured where the password was.
    yeah.
    but no speakers.
    So at least I can INGO.
    or youtube, with captions.

And I still need to Gordon Food, Able Janitorial, and Office Max. And a meeting tonight.

How did I do this when I had a job?

Top Bottom