NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am friends with a security exec for ComEd. He thinks she is in a good spot, and if not, she has a secure compound in far suburban Lowellabama to retreat to.
    The discussion is still on-going to see if they just tell everyone to telework that whole week of the dnc as the majority who come into work use public transportation.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The discussion is still on-going to see if they just tell everyone to telework that whole week of the dnc as the majority who come into work use public transportation.
    DNC is at the United Center, which is semi-isolated from the civil population.

From what I understand the protestors are supposed to be stuffed into gated areas in Grant Park.

It will be interesting to see if the community organizers in charge of city gubmint will allow the rabble to go wilding in groups outside of their designated free speech zones.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How is being at Grant Park protesting people at the UC?

The UC is isolated? A former coworker lives a few blocks West of it. The gentrification has been moving that way for a long time now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DNC is at the United Center, which is semi-isolated from the civil population.

From what I understand the protestors are supposed to be stuffed into gated areas in Grant Park.

It will be interesting to see if the community organizers in charge of city gubmint will allow the rabble to go wilding in groups outside of their designated free speech zones.
    Does not matter where the "designated area" is. The "protestors" aka looters just want any excuse to loot.

Granted not much left major store wize on MI Ave. Still a few big box stores on state to be had perhaps.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    How is being at Grant Park protesting people at the UC?

The UC is isolated? A former coworker lives a few blocks West of it. The gentrification has been moving that way for a long time now.
    Well good luck to those people who moved there.

I still consider that whole area to be mostly uncivilized.

And its a long walk from there to most of the quasi-desirable places.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Snake Plisken will help her Escape from Chiraq!
    Private police, only 1 way in by vehicle, which is monitored, only 3 walking paths into the neighborhood. It is like a private "suburb" inside Chiraq with 8' iron fences, 10' brick/stone walls. 2 small parks without any direct public access. One of the very few places in the city where I feel a people can safely walk. It is about 8 square blocks of oasis surrounded by hellscape.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    @Snapdragon a word of advise, if mom and any financial accounts open, credit cards etc. Don't rush to close or take her off any bank accounts. My dad died 6 months ago and I just got a refund check from a Chase account Monday.
    When the wife's folks passed, it took over a year before 99% of things got ironed out. A lot of hurry up and wait. Then we had to deal with tax season. We're still waiting on one more thing and it's been a couple years.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    When the wife's folks passed, it took over a year before 99% of things got ironed out. A lot of hurry up and wait. Then we had to deal with tax season. We're still waiting on one more thing and it's been a couple years.
    That's so awful. Hopefully, I just have a trust to close up yet, that has no assets in it at the point and I will be done.

Top Bottom