NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Crappp.....

I bought a safe at Bass Pro in Portage. I was going to have the company that they have deliver it to the house. They were going to do it Monday, but the trailer broke and now they can't deliver until 7/12. We're out of the country at that time.

Anyone have any ideas who can deliver a gun safe from Portage to Hobart next week?
    I got a trailer I can loan out.

But no way I'm moving a safe myself

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Crappp.....

I bought a safe at Bass Pro in Portage. I was going to have the company that they have deliver it to the house. They were going to do it Monday, but the trailer broke and now they can't deliver until 7/12. We're out of the country at that time.

Anyone have any ideas who can deliver a gun safe from Portage to Hobart next week?

I know, in business, some things can't be avoided, but 6-14 to 7-12 ? What, they can't rent a trailer? In my 40 years in business, I've rented trailers and vans, drove mail as far as the East Coast, heck - I've even delivered to Chiraqi ! Sometimes ya have to take a loss or work a little longer to maintain your reputation, which is everything.

If this was really unavoidable, then I'm speaking out of turn, but ...

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I know, in business, some things can't be avoided, but 6-14 to 7-12 ? What, they can't rent a trailer? In my 40 years in business, I've rented trailers and vans, drove mail as far as the East Coast, heck - I've even delivered to Chiraqi ! Sometimes ya have to take a loss or work a little longer to maintain your reputation, which is everything.

If this was really unavoidable, then I'm speaking out of turn, but ...

I went through that with them. Deliver late Monday after it's fixed, nope....Deliver at 8 am Tuesday, nope.....deliver late Tuesday, after 4, nope......deliver Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.....nope, rent a trailer, nope.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    USA Swimming Olympic Trials start tomorrow morning and run through Sunday Evening 7/22.

The meet is on the NBC group, Peacock, USA and NBC. Prelims on Peacock, Finals on NBC. This will be the fastest swim meet top to bottom, in the world.

I've been selected to officiate the meet. We start tomorrow morning.

Anxiety is kicking in big time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    USA Swimming Olympic Trials start tomorrow morning and run through Sunday Evening 7/22.

The meet is on the NBC group, Peacock, USA and NBC. Prelims on Peacock, Finals on NBC. This will be the fastest swim meet top to bottom, in the world.

Don't **** up.... :rofl:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Driving and TCB day. Mobile RV mechanic had to visit. Me: "Why the hell am I bottoming out pulling into a station to fill up!?" With the tool kit I had, no way was I going to get that fixed with that corrosion (I tried) minus a hanger. Roadside insurance already paid off after we settled at the campground!

Kid met a neighboring kid and both hopped on scooters to burn off some energy. Neighbor even busted out some George T. Stagg as a nightcap. Fantastic BTW.

Now to see what this huge Park has to offer...Screenshot_20240615-032457_Maps.jpg20240614_141636.jpg20240614_141630.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

See if you can get Lea's autograph.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    See if you can get Lea's autograph.
    There are three local swimmers that I know of. All three from Valpo. Two women in the 100 and 200 Breast Stroke and one man in the short Freestyle events. The two women swim with Valpo Swim Club and the man swims with Indiana Swim Club.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

You will do great. The athletes just need to follow the rules, you are there to keep order, enforce the rules and maintain a level field of opportunities. There is no leveling the playing field, because that handicaps some and falsely elevates others. But keeping the rules of play equally enforced, keeping the event on schedule so the athletes don't have too long of a downtime, etc. Go help find our next Olympians!

Top Bottom