NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Another trip to Notre Dame to pack up Dasha's apartment. Spent the day there yesterday. Hopefully we get everything else in the truck today. I allocated 3 days, but will be happy if we can get it done in 2 days.

Most of the furniture is being given away/donated/dumped. Food in the kitchen is going to friends who are staying at ND for the summer.

But lots of personal belongings, kitchen pots/pans/dishes, bathroom supplies, some furniture, clothes (girls have a lot of clothes) . . . did I mention clothes?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This has been a long time coming and was obvious to all, as cars become more efficient with gas, gas tax becomes less effective. As gas tax becomes less effective, it has to be increased, as cars move to electric, the gas tax becomes obsolete so a switch to tax by the mile is the next step.
    Yep. It's been talked about for a long time.

Not sure why they would need GPS. Just read the odometer and compute the tax. That would save me money over what Indiana charges me today, but I really don't care.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You know taxation is a just a con to steal money from people who work...

These roads they are supposedly using the tax money to maintain is proof it's all a con. We would be better off on dirt and rock roads with the condition of these roads around here.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    If I am lucky this is my last week of online training. Next week it looks like I'll be going to Memphis for some hands on training with my team lead. I'm so looking forward to it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yep. It's been talked about for a long time.

Not sure why they would need GPS. Just read the odometer and compute the tax. That would save me money over what Indiana charges me today, but I really don't care.
    Because it is Kalifornia
    No normal state would need GPS
    Simple miles driven would suffice for most
    But he was referring to Kalifornia and that says it all
    :fogey:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    You know taxation is a just a con to steal money from people who work...

These roads they are supposedly using the tax money to maintain is proof it's all a con. We would be better off on dirt and rock roads with the condition of these roads around here.

Saw an article about a road-repair contractor in Oakland, CA, who had halted work on a section of a re-surfacing project due to the area not being safe for his workers. Came in with the grinders and took the top surface off, then left it like that. Said he'd start up again when the city could guarantee his workers safety. Residents are all up in arms about the road condition.

Things have got to be bad when a contractor will give up the money coming in, because of safety issues. That's some world-class thuggery right there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    They had a $10,000 helmet, but I thought this was a much better value!

IMG_1922.jpeg

Final selfies
    Final photos
    Last pick up load of "stuff"
    We are done. Honestly I teared up a bit when we finished our last walk on campus. She was glad to be done, is glad to move on. Has a big $$$ job at Apple, starts in July. We leave for a road trip to take her out there late this month. Despite a starting salary that is greater than most Hoosier families with 2 incomes, Dasha will be living just above the poverty level in San Francisco because of the high cost of living out there. She will learn. She will learn the hard way. But for now its just nice to have her home for a couple of quite weeks before the trip.

IMG_1930.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg

Top Bottom