NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I hear it all the time from my fiance, but she is a chef. Just know anytime you ask for a substitution you are being judged by the people handling your food.

:crying: Fine. They can judge me. Then they can give me what I want, for whatever price they see fit. I don't expect something for nothing, but I do expect to eat what I want to eat, not what they think I should eat.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    anytime you ask for a substitution you are being judged by the people handling your food
    Then they shouldn't be in a service industry. I worked in a pizza joint, we didn't have any chefs, but an employee with that kind of attitude would have been fired. Guess if you want to go high class you get told what to like.

Hope the order kiosks at the fast food places don't start sounding raspberries when I modify my sandwich.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Then they shouldn't be in a service industry. I worked in a pizza joint, we didn't have any chefs, but an employee with that kind of attitude would have been fired. Guess if you want to go high class you get told what to like.

Hope the order kiosks at the fast food places don't start sounding raspberries when I modify my sandwich.
    I worked as a kid in a high end restaurant. Up front end charge take it or leave it. Watched the chef make the menu. Veteran servers knew it, rookies came back and told. Not really an issue unless there was an rush of that type of customer, but everyone moved on. Unless you run a soup nazi establishment, move on. Stacks filet has too much on top of their filet. Order without.

Dookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2024
    Nwi
    Hey, guys and gals, heading out to Michigan City tomorrow, probably by way of Wanatah on US 30. After I clear Merrillville, is there any construction thru Valpo and then north on 421?

30 was down to one lane between Valpo and Wanatah, 421 is closed somewhere between 30 and 2.
    Take 49 to 2 up to 421.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I worked as a kid in a high end restaurant. Up front end charge take it or leave it. Watched the chef make the menu. Veteran servers knew it, rookies came back and told. Not really an issue unless there was an rush of that type of customer, but everyone moved on. Unless you run a soup nazi establishment, move on. Stacks filet has too much on top of their filet. Order without.
    Yeah. I just want to be able to omit basically. I don't want pine nuts on a salad, or anything on a steak except salt and pepper.

I get an upcharge is possible when substituting, just let me know when I ask to switch, there's a difference. I've got no problem with that at all.

Not knowing what the menu will be its kind of hard to pick what you want ahead of time. Had the wife check their Spacebook page and there is literally nothing there. I thought it was just me since I don't use Spacebook, but nope, it's almost like they don't have a page.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    30 was down to one lane between Valpo and Wanatah, 421 is closed somewhere between 30 and 2.
    Take 49 to 2 up to 421.
    It's a very short closure on 30 there. Not even a mile and traffic isn't usually to bad in that area. I rolled thru it for the last Meet n shoot at 75mph on a Saturday

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

See it is the service industry part where you are mistaken. Sure Taco Bell is in the service industry. A good restaurant however is considered more in the Art or skilled labor industry. You do not tell a master painter how to paint, you simply come to the gallery and buy it if you like the way it looks/sounds/smells. You do not buy tickets to a concert and then demand the guitarist play the song differently. The same is true for a good restaurant.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah. I just want to be able to omit basically. I don't want pine nuts on a salad, or anything on a steak except salt and pepper.

I get an upcharge is possible when substituting, just let me know when I ask to switch, there's a difference. I've got no problem with that at all.

Not knowing what the menu will be its kind of hard to pick what you want ahead of time. Had the wife check their Spacebook page and there is literally nothing there. I thought it was just me since I don't use Spacebook, but nope, it's almost like they don't have a page.
    Simple solution.
    Eat what you want before you go to this place. You will be full on a good meal and then you can just order desert or a small starter plate and avoid the mess of a crappy unknown meal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You do not buy tickets to a concert and then demand the guitarist play the song differently. The same is true for a good restaurant.
    It's a "bar and grill" not some uppity, suit and tie required" restaurant. There's some things that sound decent on the menu, but with the omission of something on damn near everything on it.

I'm looking at getting the Ravioli and potato chips on the appetizer menu for my dinner. Don't need to alter them from what the description says, and look really good..just hope they have that as an option still
    Simple solution.
    Eat what you want before you go to this place. You will be full on a good meal and then you can just order desert or a small starter plate and avoid the mess of a crappy unknown meal.
    I think the food will be good. Reviews are great. I was just looking to know if I can remove something that comes normally on a meal. Some places have things pre-made and there's no option to remove it.

For example one place might have Italian beef with peppers and onion. If the peppers and onion are mixed with the beef, it can't be removed. If it's added on top it can be.

Anywho.....it'll be nice to see 2 of the 3 sisters tomorrow. Another out to eat night Saturday where all 4 of us will be together for first time in 14 years, but I'm picking that restaurant :lmfao:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Simple solution.
    I mean crappy and unknown don’t go hand in hand lol I am surprised so many are unwilling to try a new food or prepared a new way? I know how to cook and I am a decent cook. I enjoy going places and seeing what people do with different ingredients/styles and then I can apply it to my own cooking. If it is good if not I know what NOT to try.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It's a "bar and grill" not some uppity, suit and tie required" restaurant. There's some things that sound decent on the menu, but with the omission of something on damn near everything on it.

I'm looking at getting the Ravioli and potato chips on the appetizer menu for my dinner. Don't need to alter them from what the description says, and look really good..just hope they have that as an option still

I think the food will be good. Reviews are great. I was just looking to know if I can remove something that comes normally on a meal. Some places have things pre-made and there's no option to remove it.

For example one place might have Italian beef with peppers and onion. If the peppers and onion are mixed with the beef, it can't be removed. If it's added on top it can be.

Anywho.....it'll be nice to see 2 of the 3 sisters tomorrow. Another out to eat night Saturday where all 4 of us will be together for first time in 14 years, but I'm picking that restaurant :lmfao:
    I have heard great things from my relatives about that place Granger’s is supposed to be good also never been to either

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

It's Valpo, ask. Yes or no. You'll be fine.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

u must of been the picky eater in the family.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I mean crappy and unknown don’t go hand in hand lol I am surprised so many are unwilling to try a new food or prepared a new way? I know how to cook and I am a decent cook. I enjoy going places and seeing what people do with different ingredients/styles and then I can apply it to my own cooking. If it is good if not I know what NOT to try.
    @ todays crazy prices no.
    It's like wasting money.

Top Bottom