NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    View attachment 355632

Can these cement steps just be repainted white as is? They got power washed today and look better.

Or does one need to use a grinder to remove the old paint and then paint them?

There are a few chips here and there.
    If you got all the dirt and loose paint off, I would think you could just paint them using “the correct“ paint. A good floor epoxy or enamel would be my guess, but I am not a professional painter.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you got all the dirt and loose paint off, I would think you could just paint them using “the correct“ paint. A good floor epoxy or enamel would be my guess, but I am not a professional painter.
    There are actually brick and concrete stains. Better than paint. Soak into the surface and don't peel. Paint creates a barrier over the surface. Stain dyes the concrete (or brick) by penetrating into it. I'd use a stain, it will last much longer. Rustoleum makes a brick/concrete stain that I've used in the past, it works very well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone eaten at Stacks Bar and Grill in Valpo? Any good? Alterations to the crap they put on a salad or burger allowed?

Apparently we have reservations there Thursday evening. Sisters coming into town and are staying in Valpo, and whom they're staying with made the reservations.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My 9 days of vacation are over and the kids are back with their mom. Accomplished quite a bit with them. Got her to use the potty more consistently and took them fishing for the first time which they loved. Camped in the backyard and grilled out. Used up my vacation till next year so all work and no play for me.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone eaten at Stacks Bar and Grill in Valpo? Any good? Alterations to the crap they put on a salad or burger allowed?

Apparently we have reservations there Thursday evening. Sisters coming into town and are staying in Valpo, and whom they're staying with made the reservations.
    It's good. They have a big beer selection. We always get the Roasted Garlic Ramano Fries appetizer. The dipping sauce is addicting. Pretty sure you can alter things.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I've ate there for years. I was there the day it opened, and I still like going there when I visit the area. Keep a look on their facebook page as they normally post pics of their daily specials. Anytime they have their mac and cheese, it is a go to. Also whenever they do their pulled pork is a must visit day. It is also hard to go wrong with a burger their for lunch.

Also it is rude to ask for a substitution. But you can always ask them to not include something they put on.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Don't do spacebook so can't see anything there.

Not quite sure why it would be rude to ask for a substitution, but I'd just want some of the extras they have on certain meals not put on mine

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    8 hours of DEI training today, and then another 4 hours of DEI training tomorrow... If this job didn't pay so well, I'd start feeling bad about my whiteness and all the opportunities that I have had because of the whiteness in the founding of this country. No word yet about how most of the deaths that allowed this country to be built were that of younger white males, but I'm sure that will be discussed in tomorrow's DEI training.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Don't do spacebook so can't see anything there.

Not quite sure why it would be rude to ask for a substitution, but I'd just want some of the extras they have on certain meals not put on mine
    It is rude to ask for a substitution because when the chef prices the menu items, they are priced for exactly what comes with it, and the time the dish and sides take to create. That is why more and more restaurants are starting to charge for substitutions. But people are usually taken aback when they find out that substitutions cost more. For example, if a dish comes with a bunch of vegies, but you want fries, yes the fries cost more than the vegie medley. Yes beer and cheese soup costs more than the french onion soup, and the chili prolly costs more than the potato.

Again you can always ask for reductions, that is not rude.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    ... If this job didn't pay so well, I'd start feeling bad about my whiteness and all the opportunities that I have had because of the whiteness in the founding of this country. No word yet about how most of the deaths that allowed this country to be built were that of younger white males, but I'm sure that will be discussed in tomorrow's DEI training.

Don't feel bad about it. As long as you feel the appropriate amount of guilt, you're golden.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Never heard this before. It had me laughing.

I expect to pay for what I get and know that variations that I ask for may result in an upcharge.

I hear it all the time from my fiance, but she is a chef. Just know anytime you ask for a substitution you are being judged by the people handling your food.

Top Bottom