Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Knowing that it's jedi posting this larry I am going to lean toward this being some kind of weird sexual fetish that NOBODY wants to know about!

Just for kicks, I put "train rubbing" into Google images, and got the weirdest compilation that included kids, dogs, donuts, nail polish, horses, and Miley Cyrus. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    BTW really glad I didn't tint the windows darker. 35% is dark enough to cut some of the sun heat but not so dark that they black out. Also dark enough to enhance the look of the vehicle without being impractical. My Touareg is factory tinted in the rear and sides, appears to be in the 35% range too.

Also since I do a lot of late night and early morning driving the darker tints actually can make it harder to see out the rear/sides at night. Thought really hard about 20%, glad I didn't go that dark.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    BTW really glad I didn't tint the windows darker. 35% is dark enough to cut some of the sun heat but not so dark that they black out. Also dark enough to enhance the look of the vehicle without being impractical. My Touareg is factory tinted in the rear and sides, appears to be in the 35% range too.

Also since I do a lot of late night and early morning driving the darker tints actually can make it harder to see out the rear/sides at night. Thought really hard about 20%, glad I didn't go that dark.

Yeah, old guy eyes can't handle darker than 35%. Good call.

Now where are these pics?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Anybody seen andy?
    Nope not for a few days, but he posted on Facebook (yesterday) that he was having more issues with TN.

He was at the NWI INGO Clubhouse last week. Couldn't turn his head without pain.

Yeah, old guy eyes can't handle darker than 35%. Good call.

Now where are these pics?
    Old guy eyes, those are mine.

No pics until I do something with the wheels. Either paint or replace.

Also have to hardwire the radar detector wire into the fuse box.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey Jedi, I thought this was interesting.....

[video=youtube;FrJMQupYxaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    PS: on the whole train rubbing thingy... My dad being a retired Yardmaster, one of my brothers being a Engineer and the other one now being a Yardmaster they have all agreed that if your rubbing trains you shouldn't be in service.... Just saying....

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

I'll have to stop by on Wed and take a look. Missed you last week when I stopped by. I am seriously considering 20%, but we'll see if 35% is dark enough.

Old guy eyes, those are mine.

No pics until I do something with the wheels. Either paint or replace.

Also have to hardwire the radar detector wire into the fuse box.

I am also seriously considering plastidip for my wheels, going black, at least for winter. Just haven't ordered the kit. Are you going to use add a fuse for the radar detector?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey Jedi, I thought this was interesting.....

[video=youtube;FrJMQupYxaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

stupid is as stupid does!
    1st that
    censored.gif
    pulls out a loaded gun like it's nothing and sweeps every so lightly the owner of the store.

2nd that
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    does not look as he holsters his weapon to ensure it is indeed holstered OK and nothing is in the way.

3rd this was not an accidental discharge but a
    censored.gif
    being negliant in what he was doing.

It' just
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll have to stop by on Wed and take a look. Missed you last week when I stopped by. I am seriously considering 20%, but we'll see if 35% is dark enough.

I am also seriously considering plastidip for my wheels, going black, at least for winter. Just haven't ordered the kit. Are you going to use add a fuse for the radar detector?
    A reminder that in IN the limit is Indiana Code 9-19-19
    (c) A person may not drive a motor vehicle that has a:
    (1) windshield;
    (2) side wing;
    (3) side window that is part of a front door; or
    (4) rear back window;
    that is covered by or treated with sunscreening material or is tinted to the extent or manufactured in a way that the occupants of the vehicle cannot be easily identified or recognized through that window from outside the vehicle. However, it is a defense if the sunscreening material applied to those windows has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than twenty-five percent (25%) as measured on the nonfilm side and light transmittance of at least thirty percent (30%) in the visible light range.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

I will NOT have the car at the shop tomorrow! EDIT: but I should have it there on Wednesday when you said you were showing up :n00b:

There is a hardwire kit for my radar detector, it includes an inline fuse.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom