Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, because fffaaarrrr is way less characters than far...

Far is not representative of how he is actually saying it though.

True but also remember I'm doing it from a phone and its much easier to just hit the same key over and over then tap a new one.
    Sssssssooooo wwwrrrriiiittteeee ttthhhiiissss iiisss nnmooytt aanmm isssuueee
    Vs
    Trying to type something like this where the finger had to Swype all over the place.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD, when you get as old as I am you appreciate some good glass for seeing what your shooting at outside of a 100 yards.... Heck I was around when they started putting those brass cased cartridge things together to feed those blasters don't you know....

This snow is sicking in Griffith..... this is a sign that I should have left for Arizona I believe...

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    "Marksmanship can't be found bubble wrapped in aisle nine" ~ Yellowhousejake

This. I also get frustrated with those who like to give advice on weapons, accuracy, parts, even cleaning when you know full well they don't give any of that advice based on experience. The people that start off saying "well what I do is", or "oh you should just try"..... giving me ar advice when he still hasn't shot his which is now over 2 years old and then making fun of another guy for not chosing the same brand as him when he can't even explain why he chose it over the next. I know I only went through 1500 rounds this year, but thats 1500 more than him. I agree that marksmanship can't be purchased or developed through reading, but through actual trigger time and practicing with what you found in aisle 9. I digress.

Eta: I know this was referring more towards buying a scope to make yourself a better shot BTW. But I find this mentality a lot and get frustrated when people give out bad advise. I know not all mine is perfect but I generally will warn you that I'm not an expert.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @KLB and Pink Dargon

The reason we have back to back SUN Meet & Shoot this year is becuase this is the year of sundays for the meet & shoots.
    We have 9 Meet & Shoots a year which means one year we are going to have 1 more SAT then SUN event and the next year we are going to have 1 more SUN event. Since the SAT and SUN crowds are a bit different this ensures it's fair for everyone.

Typically it's been
    a SAT then SUN then SAT, etc... or
    a SUN then SAT then SUN, etc..

However the past 2 years the schedule has been schewed a bit due to JUN being the Youth Shoot (always on a SAT) and then the JUL (MODS and Indy coming) again on a SAT.
    So this year (even) is the year of the SUNs.
    MAR = SUN
    APR = SAT
    MAY = SUN
    JUN = SAT (Youth Event)
    JUL = SAT (MODs)
    AUG = SUN
    SEP = SAT
    OCT = SUN
    NOV = ???

NOV MUST be SUN since this is the year of the SUNs so they get 5 events vs 4 for the SATs.
    Next year (odd year) will be the year of the SAT and as you can guess we will end up with a back to back SATs on OCT & NOV.
    Worse we will have back to back to back (3 events) all on SAT (may - july)

MAR = SAT
    APR = SUN
    MAY = SAT
    JUN = SAT (Youth Dat)
    JUL = SAT (MODs)
    AUG = SUN
    OCT = SAT
    SEP = SUN
    OCT = SAT
    NOV = SAT

Now
    shut_your_pie_hole_by_crosspollenation.jpg

:p

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    After some 3-4 years finally got some oil on my 795 stock. It started out as a Marlin model 60 stock that I inlayed for the 795. I've had it sanded and fitted for a long time. Never did the finish.

After 2 coats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom