• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    This has been going on for years, fortunately for this woman the police impersonator didn't take the encounter any further.

Blue alone is normally used by EMT's and fire fighters, red signifies LEO on unmarked or personal vehicles.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I sent that link to my wife. She goes up to Michigan city shopping sometimes. I told if she is getting pulled over by an unmarked car, to pull over in a gas station or somewhere that has a lot of people traffic.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Goodfellas on 41 has pretty good food, heard the bbq joint at 133rd and 41 is great but havent tried it myself yet.

You must have been there on a 'good' night because we went there (group of 6) on an evening when it was not crowded and the food sucked pretty bad. In fact so badly that I'd rate it as one of the WORST places to eat in Lake County.

It was pretty much pre-manufactured/flash frozen/deep fried food, the burger was a pre-formed patty, etc etc etc. Have no desire to go back to see if they have a new micro-wave, or if they have updated their menu offerings. We were there about a year and a half ago.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You must have been there on a 'good' night because we went there (group of 6) on an evening when it was not crowded and the food sucked pretty bad. In fact so badly that I'd rate it as one of the WORST places to eat in Lake County.

It was pretty much pre-manufactured/flash frozen/deep fried food, the burger was a pre-formed patty, etc etc etc. Have no desire to go back to see if they have a new micro-wave, or if they have updated their menu offerings. We were there about a year and a half ago.

This summer Goodfellas was having an event where some of the proceeds went toward animal adoption, so we decided to check it out. We never got out of the car. Just driving through the parking lot, the music coming from inside was so loud that we could hear it with the car windows up. I didn't even like music that loud in my club-hopping days, and I sure don't like it now when all I want to do is eat dinner.

Applebee's is another place that plays their music too damn loud. :fogey:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This summer Goodfellas was having an event where some of the proceeds went toward animal adoption, so we decided to check it out. We never got out of the car. Just driving through the parking lot, the music coming from inside was so loud that we could hear it with the car windows up. I didn't even like music that loud in my club-hopping days, and I sure don't like it now when all I want to do is eat dinner.

Applebee's is another place that plays their music too damn loud. :fogey:

Can't remember hearing any music in any White Castle Restaurants.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This has been going on for years, fortunately for this woman the police impersonator didn't take the encounter any further.

Blue alone is normally used by EMT's and fire fighters, red signifies LEO on unmarked or personal vehicles.

EMT's need a letter from the Fire Chief to run a green light and must stop at all accidents. I have heard this is why most EMT's run a blue light.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

haven't tried a lot on their menu, but the lasagna is pretty darn good and so is the italian beef, everybody swears by their pizza, it's and old place from cal city's recipe (can't remember who) but i think it's so-so

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    EMT's need a letter from the Fire Chief to run a green light and must stop at all accidents. I have heard this is why most EMT's run a blue light.

In the state of Indiana, Blue=Firefighter, Blue+Red=police officer, I think Green=EMT. Emt's are not to run blue lights unless they are also a firefighter.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ...Green=EMT. Emt's are not to run blue lights unless they are also a firefighter.
    Yes, Green = EMT

My daughter got her Indiana license this summer. Part of the certification test was what color light is allowed.

I can confirm that GREEN = EMT

FIREFIGHTERS = BLUE

I have never seen an EMT actually using a GREEN light. Most of the students (over 50%) who graduated in my daughter's EMT class with her were also FIREFIGHTERS. The majority of the non-FIREFIGHTERS were Pre-Med students who were looking for some practical/hands on education and took the EMT class to get some practical time.

Also I found out that Postal Vehicles have priority over EMTs, but for the life of me I don't understand that logic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom