• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Congrats. Doubt they will fill your position up. it seems like the company isnt interested in gas. The only things we care getting is construction electricians and helpers. All of our temps went to custodial. Meter reading as a whole is probably down to 100 or lower now. They are starting to get to the point where they need to get the contractor to install faster, or we need more guys again. Telling guys from Fort Wayne to go to Kokomo or Peru now. Pulling the only guy that knows Crown Point and sending him to Kentland. New supervisor again in the middle of all the other mess. Be happy you have the time in where you can move around. At almost 2.5 years about the only thing I plan on coming to me is custodian, but I wont even bid on that.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    @ clif45. Word is a lot of construction HEO's opening up soon. Keep your eyes on the bid sheet.

We've lost about 4 HEO's in the last 2 months and 3 bore guys also.

Hopefully something comes down. Maybe A nice bid sheet like this weeks but with gas and not a 5th step apprentice requirement.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Hopefully something comes down. Maybe A nice bid sheet like this weeks but with gas and not a 5th step apprentice requirement.

Our manager says it's coming. He's been saying that for 2 months now. I believe its going to happen.

At at least if I dont like the gen station I can come back to construction still a qualified heo a.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Deb has been been begging for AA's since she started that job. Not enough crews and nobody wanted to work saturdays. I know a lot of people who would work saturdays boring.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Deb has been been begging for AA's since she started that job. Not enough crews and nobody wanted to work saturdays. I know a lot of people who would work saturdays boring.

4 bore crews working this weekend.

They are constantly asking for Saturday work all over. Crown point, south bend, nappanee, Fort Wayne and Angola.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well boys and girls, it's been a fun couple of weeks. I officially start my actual job as a locomotive valet tomorrow.
    I've spent four of the last five weeks sitting in a classroom fighting off the Zzz-monster and suffering death by PowerPoint. I've got more PPE than I know what to do with and an ill fitting set of oranges and I'm ready to make some damn money.

Last few weeks were kind of like this with a few less explosions.
    f1KKFsRmkn0

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well boys and girls, it's been a fun couple of weeks. I officially start my actual job as a locomotive valet tomorrow.
    I've spent four of the last five weeks sitting in a classroom fighting off the Zzz-monster and suffering death by PowerPoint. I've got more PPE than I know what to do with and an ill fitting set of oranges and I'm ready to make some damn money.

f1KKFsRmkn0

see.....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo what did I miss, I've been stuck onsite since about 8:30 this morning installing a new POS at a local DQ.....

She seems to have really liked the GMG more than the M249.... something about blowing things up rather than just hitting them with bullets as she seemed to be happily stating.... I think she might be perfect for Actaeon to meet up with... they might enjoy blowing things up or something of the like....

Well my only experience with the mods is with my trying to promote girl's with gun's artwork and they would have none of that all american concept...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm all set to return to work on Sunday since being off from Sept 2nd.

Congrats

f1KKFsRmkn0

It only gets better.
    Ok
    No
    It doesn't.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You did not miss much gb. Pinkdragon has a new boyfriend by the name rookie which she brought into this thread who it's not from nwi.
    :faint:

I think we need to revoke her key access. :p

Apart from that Joe is going to play with real trains now.
    Ebola is still coming soon to Chicago.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Joe if you have any questions either one of my brothers or my dad can give you advice about driving trains....

I think I might stick around in the winter vortex to survive the ebola outbreak since the CDC can't seem to contain it.... See this is what we have brought to our nation by teaching kids that it is OK to be second and just trying is good enough.....

Hey... don't be picking on Snap as she is a revolver lover and that means she has to be a superior class thug.....

Found a AT4 for the next GB photo shoot.... Looking for someone that has a real cannon for a shoot next spring... Got the rest of the props from the era but ned a real cannon to complete the set....

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I should be okay, I literally walk them from the empty track to the blast furnace to the full track approximately 700 yards round trip.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Joe if you have any questions either one of my brothers or my dad can give you advice about driving trains....

I think I might stick around in the winter vortex to survive the ebola outbreak since the CDC can't seem to contain it.... See this is what we have brought to our nation by teaching kids that it is OK to be second and just trying is good enough.....

Hey... don't be picking on Snap as she is a revolver lover and that means she has to be a superior class thug.....

Found a AT4 for the next GB photo shoot.... Looking for someone that has a real cannon for a shoot next spring... Got the rest of the props from the era but ned a real cannon to complete the set....

Have you seen this mark?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gunsmithing-building-black-powder-cannon.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...inaugural-firing-great-way-celebrate-4th.html

I realize it's not quite LOCAL, but it might be an option......

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm looking for a real one full size.... but very nice....

I did find a Cohorn mortar that Dixie Gun Works offers but....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom