Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    nice actaeon....

No I haven't tried the pact yet but would be open to trying one out.... I'm guessing you have one to try ?

PS: if your looking for a light weight barrel that is of good quality... MAG Tactical and Faxon Firearms make some nice light weight options...

for standard M4 heavy DS Arms makes one heck of a barrel...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    1/7 is best with current bullets on the market... although the new Green 5.56 ammo the military is starting to use groups best with a 1/9 twist. At 200 or 300 yards chrome lining won't make any difference in accuracy but it will have to be kept clean in the chamber or it can fail to run... The BCG being in Nickle Boron or chromed is for operation not accuracy and if your going to run a standard gas pin-gent system rather than a gas piston the chamber and BCG being coated will make it run longer before cleaning. Bull barrels are heavy and aren't going to do much for accuracy at 200 yards... 600 or 700 ya thats what you want... Standard M4 heavy will hold just fine at 200 yards if it is a quality manufacturer.. Free float makes everything more accurate in the AR as the standard military forearm puts stress on the barrel and will string the shots... I'll PM you a couple that would work... I will be putting a AR build class together in the coming months... I still need some barrels for the class I'm putting on and some more butt stocks... Your welcome to come out and put it together there if you like... We will have a private range to test fire your build on after we put them together...

I'll have to keep that in mind I I get all the parts I'm looking for by then.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For modular triggers I have the PACT/AR Gold on one of my 6.5 Grendel rifles. The Timney modular on another Grendel that shoots less than 1/2 MOA at 200 yards, one of these days I'm going to put the PACT/AR Gold in the sub-1/2 MOA gun and see how much better I can do with that rifle.

I've been wanting to buy a CMC trigger and now I want one more since I have a friend with the CMC/Chip McCormick Flat trigger, which is less expensive but very impressive, at least as good as the Timney, with a trigger shape that makes for a consistent finger position. Not sure what the lock time is on that trigger but its fast and the reset is consistent.

But if you want the absolute fastest lock time and smoothest feel, nothing beats the PACT/AR-Gold. And they have the scientific proof to back up those claims. But for me, I have a finger than finds it astounding.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    you have time as I still need 7 barrels and stocks.... so each pair of models will be able to put one complete AR together... We will be building 9 AR's that day and one of the instructors is a machinist and will show some stuff that you don't have to do normally in a build...

Eric, they got my money and Matt's FFL.... but nothing has showed up yet.... Josh assured me they are coming though....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good thing I have no pets.
    Still this whole raccoon issue is getting old and way too much work.
    Plus looks like I'm going to have to get melensdad a new cage as raccoon #2 tried it's hardest to get out of it and damgaed a portion of it.
    Still works but requires more messing with to get it to stay open.
    Not complaining about having to buy a new trap however. It's money well spent to get rid of these monsters!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What model of para?
    Bob has one that he brings to the shoots and when Joe tries it jams well.
    Yet when Bob shots it no issues.
    Bob said something about limp wrist.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bob the 2014 old forester birthday was just unveiled. Start looking and asking stores for it.
    Is it one of your brands?

So the Para I bought over a year ago I shot last night for first time. It's jamming. Isn't there a recall of some sort to fix this issue?
    What model of para?
    Bob has one that he brings to the shoots and when Joe tries it jams well.
    Yet when Bob shots it no issues.
    Bob said something about limp wrist.
    Curious if someone else shot the same gun and had the same issues? As Jedi notes, I've got a P10-45 that I have NEVER had jam while in my hands but has had all sorts of issues in the hands of some other experienced shooters.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had my 3rd 10 yard dumpster picked up. We put the bathroom floor/walls/ceiling and the back steps in it. The allotted weight limit was 2 tons. It weighed over 5.6.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom