• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I would say that the Tech Sights are set.

Also I put a set of Warren Tactical Series Sevigny Competition Sight Glock Black Plain Rear / Fiber Optic Front Sights GLOCK-WTL-05 on my Glock 17 and WOW. I was ringing a 80% steel torso at 75 feet at a pretty good pace.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, aren't you going back to the officer shot thread?

Sry the snob was over attempting to teach me some stuff.
    If they want to think I was justifying the shooter's action let them.
    We don't know the full story of what went down or why this shooter decided to make this stand and we never will unless we dig deeper which I don't think any of us will. At the end of the day their are 2 camps on INGO on this topic. They can toss all the stones they want does not matter. It won't change my mind, nor will I change their, nor do I want to change theirs.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Steps 3 i would like to know more. We got bitten hip by mosquites last night and the typical stuff is not cutting it.
    I hate outdoir parties.

Is this another trick to show me your "hip"?

I picked some this afternoon... see my response to the dragon lady below.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks. Where can I get Jewel Weed? At my other house, I had burdock in the back yard that I couldn't kill no matter what, but now I don't have access to it.

Urgent care gave me a huge injection of Solu-Medrol and tripled the dosage on my oral steroids. If that doesn't get it under control, I'm going to have to be admitted.

A Sulu injection?

mccoy-sulu-naked-time-star-trek-tos.jpg

This is what Jewel Weed looks like. It grows in part sun and is typically 3-5 ft high.

jewel_weed_971.jpg

I picked some near the Griffith Airport this afternoon. There are also a couple patches on Broad street headed south out of Griffith. It is relatively common this time of year. It also goes by the name "touch-me-nots"... when you touch a ripe seed pod it explodes sending the seeds flying.

There are three ways people use the plant.
    1. Mash it up and put it on what itches.
    2. Put it in a blender with water. Pour the puree into an ice cube tray. Freeze. Place frozen cube on what is soon to stop itching.
    3. saute in olive oil to extract the goodness. Strain and mix 4 parts oil to 1 part wax to make a salve.

PM me if you want to meet and exchange plants... I also have some salve I made earlier this year on my farming vacation.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    We'll the boats were pretty cool to see. Both boats were handmade by Portuguese boat builders.

Saw darkevin and t-star there. And t-stars father. We exchanged hello's.

Then I cashed in speedy rewards points for a bass pro gift card. And pick up .308 reloading dies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We'll the boats were pretty cool to see. Both boats were handmade by Portuguese boat builders.

Saw darkevin and t-star there. And t-stars father. We exchanged hello's.

Then I cashed in speedy rewards points for a bass pro gift card. And pick up .308 reloading dies.
    Was planning to get over there to see the boats too.

Ended up working on canning up some homemade spaghetti sauce. Used over a bushel of tomatoes, about a pound and a half of Italian sausage, about 1.5 pounds of mushrooms and a bunch of peppers. Never got around to getting to Michigan City to see the boats.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Was planning to get over there to see the boats too.

Ended up working on canning up some homemade spaghetti sauce. Used over a bushel of tomatoes, about a pound and a half of Italian sausage, about 1.5 pounds of mushrooms and a bunch of peppers. Never got around to getting to Michigan City to see the boats.
    it was pretty neat, quick guided tour of the nina, pinta was self guided. $8 per person and worth it.
    51D5388C-4AA0-406E-89E0-909ED22C74C8_zpscq30qvef.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom