Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    moving a safe in the house.... that brings back memories....

A keg of beer, a duce and a half, five guys way bigger than me, and we still managed to let that thing slide all the way down the stairs and force me to re do the tile in the basement floor... Luckily Ron got out of the way before the safe hit the basement... It's permanent now though... getting sold with the house when I find the Gunbunnies Ranch in Arizona....

Actaeon, I hear there are other ways to impress young ladies to come home with you these days.... just saying....

PS: I may be working with another red head very soon..... You are of course invited to come out to the shoot if you want.... Looking for a late 50's convertible car to use with that shoot though....

Jedi, you lost dinner ey.... I'm so disappointed in you....

I am, if anything, a traditionalist. But clubs and dragging by the hair is so frowned upon.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Working on getting a old drive-in restaurant or theater for a set so probably need something more sporty.... although the Jeepster would be cool.... I found some of the old mini dresses for the models to wear and Joe has offered his old colt to be used in the shoot.... Still looking for a Smith 27 highway patrolman to use too...

Actaeon..... I think I'm proud of you with the last statement... oh the wife didn't like that at all though..... Later....

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Was considering an armored truck route...in Michigan City...til I was told pay starts at $10/hr. I want out of Ill-annoy, but not that bad. That's too enormous of a pay cut for me.
    Have I mentioned I hate working in :poop:cago?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Guard work doesn't pay much... I use to guard banks for 6 bucks a hour... and today the kid that can't get your coffee right at a fast food place wants 15 an hour to try to kill you by putting sugar in your coffee....

I feel you on being stuck in he$$ all day with all the bottom feeders... Good luck escaping shicago...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Was considering an armored truck route...in Michigan City...til I was told pay starts at $10/hr. I want out of Ill-annoy, but not that bad. That's too enormous of a pay cut for me.
    Have I mentioned I hate working in :poop:cago?
    You know you love it. Quit pretending that you don't.

I would love to get out too, but it isn't going to happen until I retire or win the lottery.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I keep my work load down over the thin red line by charging twice the hourly rate and a travel charge but I still have to go over there sometimes...

oh well...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    From Atlas Shrugged...
    MONEY:

So you think that money is the root of all evil? . . . Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so only on the conviction that you will exchange it for the product of the effort of others. It is not the moochers or the looters who give value to money. Not an ocean of tears nor all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into the bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should have been gold, are a token of honor—your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on that moral principle which is the root of money. Is this what you consider evil?

Have you ever looked for the root of production? Take a look at an electric generator and dare tell yourself that it was created by the muscular effort of unthinking brutes. Try to grow a seed of wheat without the knowledge left to you by men who had to discover it for the first time. Try to obtain your food by means of nothing but physical motions—and you’ll learn that man’s mind is the root of all the goods produced and of all the wealth that has ever existed on earth.

But you say that money is made by the strong at the expense of the weak? What strength do you mean? It is not the strength of guns or muscles. Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think. Then is money made by the man who invents a motor at the expense of those who did not invent it? Is money made by the intelligent at the expense of the fools? By the able at the expense of the incompetent? By the ambitious at the expense of the lazy? Money is made—before it can be looted or mooched—made by the effort of every honest man, each to the extent of his ability. An honest man is one who knows that he can’t consume more than he has produced.

That is the line from the movie. The one from the book is much deeper.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    You know you love it. Quit pretending that you don't.

I would love to get out too, but it isn't going to happen until I retire or win the lottery.

I hope to get out before I retire. Can't win the lotto if I don't buy tickets, and Kevin doesn't like the idea of me having a sugar daddy. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom