Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mark your calendars boys and girls because Season 6 of the NWI INGO Meet & Shoots is going to be a bit different.
    With 5 years worth of voting data now on INGO I have managed to look at the prior years in terms of what days we picked and based on that have select the 2015 dates! This will help:
    - me cut down on the number of PMs I have to send
    - allow those with limit vacation dates to pick way in advance which ones they want to attend
    - remove the voting post and then the official post for each event

As this year comes closer to an end I'll post the 2015 NWI EVENTS in the NWI INGO social channel.
    This is just a preview of what is to come.

SUN, 22 MAR
    SAT, 25 APR
    SUN, 24 MAY
    SAT, 20 JUN - YOUTH/FAMILY Day @ Winamac (Need to confirm with DNR still)
    SAT, TBD when mods can come up
    SUN, 16 AUG
    SAT, 26 SEP
    SUN, 18 OCT
    SAT, 14 NOV

Here is the data I used
    nwi_ingo_5seasons.gif

You have TOO MUCH time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh.
    And ¥\/_**!\=$\*¥€%=$":;!*&% $$$\&&&\/÷#'#× SCHEDULE

Ans %÷÷€¥&\":;**_=÷#$\&&& BOSS

And //##=_£*&/$:!!?*_//: IDIOTS let me spend 3 FRICKIN HOUR troubleshooting a system when the level was higher than the frickin sensors. And they heard me say that it was acting as if THE LEVEL WAS HIGHER THAN THE SENSORS.

F

F

F

F

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Looks like a pretty nice morning, if you're free, GPWI is open for trap shooting today.
    Month and a half till my son gets his license and I no longer have to wake up early every weekend to take him to work... counting the days.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Morning all. Heading to COSTCO after another coffee, a good poop and a shower. Anyone need me to pick up anything for you?
    A TV please, around 65" should be good... and a hotdog, thanks.

Brad, you alive? What's the plan? I think a Menards run is on my morning to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You have TOO MUCH time.

Actually i don't anymore and thus why the not voting based on prior years data.
    I'm taking on more job rules at work and what use to be a 5 person team is now a team of 2 with my co-worker on 2 month vacation before retiring.
    So I'm a team of 1 now.
    Jedi and jedi for permission to do stuff and sometimes jedi denies jedi.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Especially since there right on the lake

I hated the mills. Worst of all seasons.

I was a pressure washer/steam systems mechanic independant contractor for pretty much all of em from the tool steel isolated mills to the big boys on the lake.

Regardless of the weather, the "local" environment sucked...

I remember getting stuck on a service call on a 105°F day to the 84" hot strip at USS which was still live. I didn't have a "tin suit" just my coveralls. The repair was 10' from the strip, had to ask the foreman for a tin suit. I tried, but couldn't do the 15 minute repair without shielding. Was probably 130-140°F where I was trying to work.

And then there was another time I was working on a sprayer for concrete trucks that stopped working when it was -5° outside. Shocking, I know. Well, I had to get it working again and in the meantime I got soaked (in -5°F weather) but I made the repair. The rest of the day was a wash though, as I was too wet/cold to get anything else done.

I've thought about applying for a job at the mills, still haven't ruled it out, but my experiences there were not the kind that make me want to go back. Especially as an employee as opposed to independant contractor... at least I had the option of refusing a job when I was on my own. An employee, no so much. Though, I only refused one job in 5 years. That was a stupid hot job on a hot day in a hot box where the pump was wrecked by heat damage.... I refused it because I didn't want to have to come back a day later to do it all over again. Said I'd be back in two days, and fixed it then.

I still keep my eyes open for medical staff positions which come and go fairly regularaly at least at USS. I did a short bit there on clinical rotation and it's really a cush job. Lots of paperwork, but that's about it. Anything moderate to major gets sent to Methodist. I'd have to get confirmation of salary before I really considered it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom