• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So tired of the cold. :nopity: More so than the snow. :nopity: If it were in the 20s, low 30s, fine. :nopity: But this negative and sIngle digit crap gotta go :nopity:

Back when I was a kid we would walk UPHILL to and from school, for miles, in this weather and not while like a nancypants about it, in fact we were grateful if we had boots to wear, my little brother didn't have boots so he had to wear the boxes that my boots came it to cover his shoes! And you young'uns have all these fancy insulating materials in your coats, we had itchy wool. And our mittens were knitted by our grandmothers and were usually ugly and had holes in them. . .

We were grateful to have what we had and we didn't complain . . .

. . . even when our parents made us "go play outside" since even "pong" hadn't been invented yet! :oldwise:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Back when I was a kid we would walk UPHILL to and from school, for miles, in this weather and not while like a nancypants about it, in fact we were grateful if we had boots to wear, my little brother didn't have boots so he had to wear the boxes that my boots came it to cover his shoes! And you young'uns have all these fancy insulating materials in your coats, we had itchy wool. And our mittens were knitted by our grandmothers and were usually ugly and had holes in them. . .

. . . even when our parents made us "go play outside" since even "pong" hadn't been invented yet! :oldwise:

What was it like to travel everywhere by horse and buggy?

Was the invention of the lightbulb really exciting?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Haha.

Well, truth be told last year was the first year I've had a vehicle with functional heat in the winter. And that was only because the fall before, I tore the dash out and replaced the leaking heater core.

Prior to that I had a car with a bypassed heater core due to leak, a car with a heater core but no blower fan (not terrible, still got warm eventually) and many others with varied reasons for the lack of heat. I've rarely had to commute more than 20-30 min so it wasn't ever a huge deal.

I do love the heat in my truck. I love that I no longer work outside

I love that I have insulated boots, heavy coat, rabbit hat, and gloves.

I still hate the cold just as much as ever.

I sure am glad I poop inside.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So CN sent me an email to take an online assessment. It was one of those ones where the answers are a bunch of radio buttons for "Not important" through "Very important"

It usually doesn't seem important, but this is the first time CN has sent me one of those. Usually I get an email like "We are no longer considering you for this position, BUT HERE'S SOME OTHER **** YOU CAN APPLY FOR --LINK--"

Good luck.

My mom grew up in a house with no indoor toilet. It wasn't that long ago.

And I'm waiting at a Chinese carry out, driver walks in in tennis shoes and shorts. Its 2 degrees.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK you truck folks Jedi needs some help.
    Jedi loves the dodge intrepid 1997 he has it has gone from here to boston x2, here to DC x 1, boston to san deigo and back and keeps on going.
    Ya know it's 'big' enough for Jedi to fit all the Meet & Shoot stuff in it but alas like any good loyal dog the car is showing it's age and this years winter has not been kind to it. So it's time to start thinking about a new vehicle. :(

I'm not a car/truck guy and hate driving. To me a vehicle is a machine that gets me from point A to point B and nothing more. Don't expect Jedi to wash it nor do I expect for the vehicle to look nice. In fact the more like a junk bucket it looks like the better as that way Jedi does not have to worry about it being messed with.
    What Jedi needs is reliability and functionality. So here is what I need:

- vehicle that can haul all the meet & shoot stuff
    - vehicle that can either transport a 24" snowblower or have the ability to tow a small add-on for snowblower/riding lawnmowver.
    - vechile that comes in PINK. :lol:

So what you got? Recommend?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Jedi loves the dodge intrepid 1997 he has it has gone from here to boston x2, here to DC x 1, boston to san deigo and back and keeps on going.
    Ya know it's 'big' enough for Jedi to fit all the Meet & Shoot stuff in it but alas like any good loyal dog the car is showing it's age and this years winter has not been kind to it. So it's time to start thinking about a new vehicle. :(

I'm not a car/truck guy and hate driving. To me a vehicle is a machine that gets me from point A to point B and nothing more. Don't expect Jedi to wash it nor do I expect for the vehicle to look nice. In fact the more like a junk bucket it looks like the better as that way Jedi does not have to worry about it being messed with.

- vehicle that can either transport a 24" snowblower or have the ability to tow a small add-on for snowblower/riding lawnmowver.

images2_zps08a83785.jpg

images1_zps66cdb10a.jpg

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I have a 2006 chevy equinox with 120,000 miles, and 3 accidents. Still runs like a champ, haven't had any major problems. Nice and roomy. And there's a spot to put a hitch in if you desire.

That's something to look into.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Wanna stick with Dodge? Got a '99 Dodge Dakota I'll sell you CHEAP. Seriously CHEAP.

But, it's a man trans.... can Jedi work a stick?

Speaking of working sticks... just gave away one of the last remaining bottles of MCM.

This was brewed from honey born in 2011. Hands down my best batch ever. I cloned the yeast for my next batch, so in 2016 maybe I'll have something similar. So proud of this one, ended up handing out more bottles than I kept for myself. I've got 6: 22oz and 6: 12oz bottles for myself.

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN

5871fa32ab3a3379418ce3a71a47a183.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom