• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Uh sorry Sheepdip, none are grape flavored.

VC Cigars - from Victor Calvo -

are sponsoring a cigar night at the NWI INGO Clubhouse

~ PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP's 1101 Cigar Lounge ~

Thursday June 5 from 6pm to 9pm

large_mikes-cigars-product-623.jpg

These are easy to smoke, hand made, cigars at reasonable prices. Not the normal $8 to $15 price tags
    from many of the name brands, those cigars are mostly in the under $7.00 price range. But as is normal
    for these events, there is NO PRESSURE to buy a cigar, NO PRESSURE to smoke a cigar. You are welcome
    to join in if you choose, but you should not feel obligated. There is NO CHARGE, these events are sponsored
    by the cigar company and I open them up to INGO members.

We are planning to have a guitar player, plus there will be complimentary coffee, Pepsi and water.

If you have never Open Carried this is a comfortable
    place where Open Carry is welcomed and accepted. There is NO
    requirement to Openly Carry a gun, but you are welcome to do so
    if you wish to give it a try.

The parking lot is small, feel free to park in the large empty lot to the west side of the cigar lounge! :yes way:

Picture6-1.png

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Seen Jay today, and now I can assume he was going to walmart. Guess I should have killed some time myself there today and stocked up on some extra 9mm...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, just never can let that rest huh... Would love to make it out tomorrow night, and leave the tantalizing aromatic fruity smell upon your establishment, but I have a wedding gig to do tomorrow night...

That's OK, come tomorrow for the Bourbon before noon party.

And the OC Night is not until JUNE 5th. So a couple weeks away.

I'm not bob but I think I can answer that for him. YES

Yes, Greg. Exactly correct.

Love an either or question, answered with a "YES"

Just like happens in your trials?

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    And the OC Night is not until JUNE 5th. So a couple weeks away. (HEY I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE THAT AFTERALL.... ON THE CALENDAR!!!)

Just like happens in your trials? (I NEVER ALLOW THE WITNESS THAT MUCH LATITUDE...
    Now, If I could just do something about the no smoking policy in the Courthouse... Wouldn't that be great to start poking some big ol' stogie in an adversarial witnesses, face?
    3-nimmo-19-13_05_21.jpg

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok...for those that have been wondering about LadyGhost and what is going on with her. I've not posted anything because there really wasn't much if anything to post. Well now that has changed. On Friday she is having surgery number 'too damn many' to put in another new replacement joint. At this point she has been wheelchair bound since they took the old knee out on Jan 14th. Because of this she is facing a very long and very difficult rehab to not only get and keep the range of motion in her knee, but also to build up the muscles in her leg to even be able to support her weight.

while I would LOVE to make the get together tomorrow at the lounge I just can't justify it. Same goes for the meet and shoot Saturday. Right now my attention and place needs to be focused on her and helping her to literally get back on her feet. I'll let everyone know what is going on once she is out of surgery and in her room. Surgery is schedules for 8am so I'm thinking I won't have any news before noon.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    ... Right now my attention and place needs to be focused on her and helping her to literally get back on her feet. I'll let everyone know what is going on once she is out of surgery and in her room. Surgery is schedules for 8am so I'm thinking I won't have any news before noon.

I know I pester you from time to time for private updates but thanks also for this public update.

Take care of her. Unlike the rest of us, she actually likes you!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Hey Considering this thread is NWI INGO people, perhaps you might have a significant other interested in a great class for Women Only being held at NPCCC... Cost is nominal (doesnt really cover the different ammunitions) but we do this class mostly as a public service... Got a wife, daughter or GF you would like to get interested in firearms? You might check this out... Classes fill quickly...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efuse-victim-class-npccc-june-7th-12-4pm.html

Best to Lady Ghost... she has REALLY had a tough go of it...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok...for those that have been wondering about LadyGhost and what is going on with her. I've not posted anything because there really wasn't much if anything to post. Well now that has changed. On Friday she is having surgery number 'too damn many' to put in another new replacement joint. At this point she has been wheelchair bound since they took the old knee out on Jan 14th. Because of this she is facing a very long and very difficult rehab to not only get and keep the range of motion in her knee, but also to build up the muscles in her leg to even be able to support her weight.

while I would LOVE to make the get together tomorrow at the lounge I just can't justify it. Same goes for the meet and shoot Saturday. Right now my attention and place needs to be focused on her and helping her to literally get back on her feet. I'll let everyone know what is going on once she is out of surgery and in her room. Surgery is schedules for 8am so I'm thinking I won't have any news before noon.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts, Ghost.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ..... meetings are so boring.....

Well Jedi. After thinking I should quit my job and work at your place, I might have changed my mind. Maybe you should have worked with me today.
    Let's see. Lots of fun.
    3 PM fire at work yesterday. Bunch of damage. Guys working over trying to get things working.
    actaeon enters the scene at 5:30 AM.
    I got to work at what I really like to do, troubleshooting extremely complex systems, replacing parts, fixing parts I couldn't replace, and smell smoke.
    I was working so hard.... I turned and ran into a pipe so hard, I laid myself out on the floor. Hardhat took the damage. But the neck felt like it compressed and I shortened a quarter of an inch. One of the bosses didn't know if he should laugh, or help me up.
    I found my bosses bosses boss. Yup, kinda high up the tree. I talked to him about the stupidity of them NOT implementing the fire detection and fire suppression systems I suggested, BECAUSE IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. (We lost around 4 million dollars in production, and probably couple hundred thousand in damage today. Ha!)
    Then I asked him how much money they were saving by having a short crew, meaning the repair took longer to fix.
    Then I asked him where all the vaunted electricians were that were specifically trained to take my place. YUP. NONE WERE THERE. Ok, on midnights, one was there.
    I apparently was so loud with another boss, that his boss called him on the phone just to make sure everything was ok. (My personal best for the day. Sometimes I make myself so proud.)
    I started talking to my boss about a new fire detection/suppression system, and he started to explain to me the difficulties in detecting fire next to a HOT mold of LIQUID STEEL while looking at me like I'm an idiot. So, then in my best condescending voice, I told him "gee, if only there was a crew of people trained and experienced in working with sensors and instrumentation. People that have worked for decades and made millions of dollars for the company. OH THAT'S RIGHT! SYSTEMS REPAIRMEN have been doing that. And we have flame sensors on other equipment designed to specifically spot flame next to a hot spot, and NOT BE FOOLED."
    What an idiot.
    I worked so hard, I feel I justified my paycheck from the mill for a while.

I have been wearing a mask on and off for the last month when working outdoors. Neighbors are beginning to think I have bubonic plague...

Funniest thing that happened was about a two weeks ago, when my wife and I went to Home Depot...
    As we are getting out of the car, she says to me: "Ahh Hey Tex, you might want to rethink the whole idea of walking into HD with the mask on today...", (I was OC as typical)... done a lot of times (OC) at HD, but never wearing a surgical mask...

Good call wife... You're a keeper!

Hmmmmm.
    I think she should have stopped "to tie her shoe", and wait for you to go in first. Of course having her cell phone on record for the MWAG call.

I agree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom