• Status
    Not open for further replies.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Did a ton of yard work today, including mowing. That was until my mower decided to stop working with about 10 passes left in the back yard. Can't get it going again, have to take it to Valpo Monday to the Husqvarna dealer.

Tomorrow I'm installing a fan in the living room, that's always a fun trial and error activity. Next week is new landscape beds on the sides of the house, just waiting on 811 to contact utilities to come mark.

Good luck on the landscape beds next week..... its gonna be a wet week...... supposedly!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not connected right now.
    There is only 1 to 2 splitter and I also have a 1 to 3 splitter in the basement not yet connected. How many splitters can I use?

You can connect as many splitters as you want. HOWEVER each splitter causes your signal from your source (the antenna in this case) to lose signal. The amount of loss is typically noted on your splitters. It varies depending on the splitter type 1 to 2, 1 to 3, 1 to 6, etc. The more splits the more the loss. You can add as many amplifiers you need along the route to ensure you don't notice the loss from the splitters.

For houses typically you only need 1 amplifier right after the antenna before the splitters for OTA signals.
    Test it out connect a splitter and see if both of your TVs will get the signal. If they do then you are in go shape.
    Make sure you connect them where you plan on using them or at least have the length of cable and use it.
    ie.

Antenna -> Splitter -> 100' of cable -> TV
    -> 50' of cable -> TV

If the above is your final setup then test with 100' and 50' cables. Don't test with say 5' cables and it works and then you set it up and it may not.
    Depending on your runs (ie. how long and where you go environment) you may need a signal boost.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Weather service is calling for possible severe weather this afternoon/tonight. Everybody be safe out there and dust off the emergency kits.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I posted a couple of times in the "INGO should have a dating service" thread yesterday... nothing directly related to my dating situation--just replied to someone else's posts. So today, I get a PM saying "give me your email and I'll send you a picture of it". So after I replied "WTF?", I remembered that I asked to see pics of a trailer that some guy had in the classifieds.:lmfao:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I posted a couple of times in the "INGO should have a dating service" thread yesterday... nothing directly related to my dating situation--just replied to someone else's posts. So today, I get a PM saying "give me your email and I'll send you a picture of it". So after I replied "WTF?", I remembered that I asked to see pics of a trailer that some guy had in the classifieds.:lmfao:

just got iced tea all over my iPad... Doh.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey GoW. I was just wondering how you and lady ghost are. Came *this close* to posting about it today. Your ears must have been burning.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've heard good and bad about Dickey's. Just enough bad has been heard to keep me out.

True BBQ & Whiskey Bar: Munster, Indiana
    Hopefully this place will open soon, and be good.
    Dickey's is a chain and they have OK food, but its a chain so you get homogenized food. I'll stop in from time to time, but I never expect much and therefore I am never disappointed.

I'll have to the TRUE BBQ one of these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom