• Status
    Not open for further replies.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Munster donuts is closed forever for now.
    A car crashed into the building where they make the donuts.
    Signs of closed until further notice.

Now im off to clean bathrooms.

Thinking of their cake donuts with white frosting and coconut takes me back to 1975. Driving with my Dad in the Chrysler Imperial to get donuts for breakfast. Once I got to eat one in the car on the way home.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Hum..... radio shack should sell them. Not sure which one i got.
    Amazon has them if you search clearwater 5 antenna it will also recommend the amps.
    On a phone right now can't easily do it.

On a different note :puke: dickey's bbq.

Yeah. Dickeys in valpo isn't any good either.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My wife makes one hell of a great BBQ'd Brisket. But not so good with ribs!

-------

Spent a good part of the day working on a new garden.

The old swimming pool was 16x32 with a 8' deck around the perimeter. We tore out that pool several years ago when we built the new pool in a different area of the property. The whole area is filled in with clay fill. Not suitable for gardening. Got about 10 tons of topsoil in one of the driveways. Got 5 tons of crushed limestone sitting in the other driveway. Oh, and a bunch of lumber too.

So I'm building a raised bed garden with 5 large raised beds, separated by, and surrounded by, crushed limestone paths. Got about 1/3 of it done.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Did a ton of yard work today, including mowing. That was until my mower decided to stop working with about 10 passes left in the back yard. Can't get it going again, have to take it to Valpo Monday to the Husqvarna dealer.

Tomorrow I'm installing a fan in the living room, that's always a fun trial and error activity. Next week is new landscape beds on the sides of the house, just waiting on 811 to contact utilities to come mark.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Home made or store bought sauce?

I've done both. I prefer KC Masterpiece if I'm using store sauce. Homemade, I use a combination of tomato paste, worcestire sauce, honey, garlic, onion, and vinegar. (Salt and pepper of course). If I have it, I'll put in some applesauce. And I've probably forgotten a few things.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Very familiar with Dickeys. The owners of the Schererville one took us out to Iowa for a weekend to try out the food cause that was the nearest restaurant. We all agreed it was great food so they came back and opened it up. I had racks of ribs for days before they opened when they were seasoning the smoker

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Keith's in Whiting has a great slab of ribs.

No deal breakers with the inspection. It's just old. Gonna need a boiler/chimney guy.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Good shooting Jay!
    Thank you sir. I went today to work on slide lock reloads. I was only loading 7 to 10 rounds per mag and I wasn't topping of between stages. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. By the end of that shoot I've only had about four hours of sleep in the last 48 hours so I was just a little sleep the deprived. I have some video of Wild Deuce, I'll have to see if he'll let me post them.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom