Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You know, if earlier works better, I can take a personal day. I've got 13 weeks left and 3 days to use. Gotta use them up. So if breakfast or lunch works better, I'm cool with that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know, if earlier works better, I can take a personal day. I've got 13 weeks left and 3 days to use. Gotta use them up. So if breakfast or lunch works better, I'm cool with that.

Kinda up to you and gunbunnies. I'm off Wednesday.
    I figure to compare my model 60, your lcr, and something from gunbunnies in the.357 snub dept. I can't remember what your second .357 was.
    We could do a comparison, each person offering opinion.
    Do an INGO write up.

But the actual shooting part, I think we can get done in 2 hours. I think the comparisons may suffer if we go too long.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone else is welcome to attend the snubbie comparison.
    I'd like to make a sheet up with things we are looking at. Dimensions. Grip fit. Recoil. Accuracy (within the realm of snubbie). Length of trigger pull. Trigger weight. Etc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And there can be only one....... spoiled princess

And his name is JEDI, he is the Legos master.

Anyone else is welcome to attend the snubbie comparison...
    I'd love to attend but have fencing on Wednesday afternoons and again Wednesday evening. I have no snubbies, but I'd come and play if I knew I could get back for fencing practice in time.

BTW, remember we are supposed to get a BIG SNOW come through the area on Tuesday. Might make driving on Rt 30 pretty bad.

I'm hoping if I go to work prepared to get stuck there through tomorrow, it won't happen. Bringing everything I need for another sleepover.
    Well it started snowing west of Lowell last evening, pretty lightly. Been snowing all night and its heavier now. Probably got close to 2" overnight. I shoveled the back patio for the dogs about 6:15 and in the past 45 minutes its dropped another 1/3 to 1/2 an inch.

Not sure how it is farther north, but I know that Marian Catholic in Chicago Heights cancelled out of attending a fencing tournament this morning due to bad road conditions. So I get today off to work around the house, relax, etc.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lowell High School just cancelled all Saturday sporting practices and activities.

The call blamed: "hazardous road conditions . . . blowing and drifting snow . . . "

As my wife said, this is just because we got a winter like we used to have, not like we've had for the past few years. I agree. Seems like we had much more snow and cold weather when I was younger, then due to a natural earth cycle things shifted around a bit and we got less snow, but this year, and to some degree last winter, we are getting back to what we had.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Snowing pretty good here in CP. I'm glad I only have to drive 3 blocks to the volunteer gig. Hope I can get out of the driveway.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Lowell High School just cancelled all Saturday sporting practices and activities.

The call blamed: "hazardous road conditions . . . blowing and drifting snow . . . "

As my wife said, this is just because we got a winter like we used to have, not like we've had for the past few years. I agree. Seems like we had much more snow and cold weather when I was younger, then due to a natural earth cycle things shifted around a bit and we got less snow, but this year, and to some degree last winter, we are getting back to what we had.
    True. Winter is back. Not quite as cold as the 80s and early 90s. It has really become silly how much school is cancelled and delayed though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    True. Winter is back. Not quite as cold as the 80s and early 90s. It has really become silly how much school is cancelled and delayed though.
    I grew up in Munster, later lived in Highland, then 19 years ago moved out to "suburban Lowell" and while living in Munster and Highland I can NEVER recall a school being closed because of cold weather. There were very few snow delays or cancellations either.

Down here we have "Fog Delays" on a pretty regular basis. At first I didn't really understand it, but as I have grown to know life in a rural area I now understand why we have fog delays, and I even support the delays and cancellations for cold and/or snow. But its a simple geographic thing. What may be an issue for a rural school with a big bus fleet, small population and large geographic area is not an issue for a city or suburban school where kids have short bus rides, don't have to walk down 1/4 mile driveways to wait for a bus at the intersection of "No & Where" when there is nothing to stop the wind but a bare field only to then ride a bus for 30 to 90 minutes. That is a lot different than the suburban and city kids who have to get to school!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SNOW HARD with GIANT SIZE SNOWFLAKES in suburban Lowellabama.

A few down the hill from the house . . .
    image_zps9a2b7ed0.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Just got home from work. 1 hour and 20 minute drive.

watching 20/20 "young guns", horrible reporting. The first half is all these kids playing with guns after the kids get a gun lecture from the police and watch an Eddie Eagle program. But come to find out all the parents own guns, but hide them from the kids, and don't want the kids to know they have them.

the second part is about to come on where they just said these parents tell the kids about the guns and let them hold them... I'll be interested to see if they touch and play with the guns, like the other...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well looks like they're not going to put the kids who are brought up shooting guns and with knowledge of guns to the same get they put the kids who've had no exposure to guns....

But they're going to put some pink guns in a playground to see if kids play with them. Smh

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Just got home from work. 1 hour and 20 minute drive.

watching 20/20 "young guns", horrible reporting. The first half is all these kids playing with guns after the kids get a gun lecture from the police and watch an Eddie Eagle program. But come to find out all the parents own guns, but hide them from the kids, and don't want the kids to know they have them.

the second part is about to come on where they just said these parents tell the kids about the guns and let them hold them... I'll be interested to see if they touch and play with the guns, like the other...

20/20 is hilariously trashy now. My wife and I always laugh about the male host's suits, which appear to be way too big and possibly clipped in the back to try to make then fit. On top of that the reporting is generally horrible.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    20/20 is hilariously trashy now. My wife and I always laugh about the male host's suits, which appear to be way too big and possibly clipped in the back to try to make then fit. On top of that the reporting is generally horrible.

Yeah it was not tht fret, I just dvr it because the topic and I had to leave for work... Not worth it.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

3rd heaviest snowfall in a January this year at around 45 inches.
    last year there was only around 5 inches in January. weird... cause I do recall a good amount of snowfall last year.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If today's snow had come yesterday, it might have pushed it higher than 3rd. Holy crap. My shih tzu almost got lost in the back yard a few minutes ago.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Roads suck, but the plows are out and the sky is not pooping white flakes on us anymore so the plow trucks should be able to clear the roads.

Rural Lowell appears to have gotten a solid 6 inches this morning (based what I will be clearing from my driveway).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom