• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I call B.S. with the new hours of service laws it would be almost impossible to make that much money legally. Using the 70hour/8day rule, the most driving time he could have in a year is 3200 hours (rounded up). If he average 50mph for those 3200 hours it would be a total of 160,000 miles. Is he getting paid a dollar a mile for driving a company truck? I doubt it. What if he takes an extra day off instead of just the federally mandated time off?

This is the info I was looking for.

Thank you.

What would be an expected salary for a new driver willing to stay otr for long periods?

Kinda weighing this against medical device sales rep, which considering I don't like people, sales might not be my forte. Running out of options within my field without further education, so weighing further education against other job markets at the moment.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    What do you sell? I seems the .gov is a choking that business. Companies are dropping whole lines, slimming down for the impact of ACA.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Possibly.

on a slightly brighter note. I've been up since 730 am, and couldn't get a nap in, so it's going to be a fun night at work. Almost time for me to start getting ready.

I find it hard to believe that you couldn't get to sleep.
    Really Andy. You're going to have to come up with something more believable.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    This is the info I was looking for.

Thank you.

What would be an expected salary for a new driver willing to stay otr for long periods?

Kinda weighing this against medical device sales rep, which considering I don't like people, sales might not be my forte. Running out of options within my field without further education, so weighing further education against other job markets at the moment.
    I sent my brother the question. He is a truck driver, he does "out and back" trips of a couple of days, but he'll be able to give an educated guess.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What the heck happened?
    I'm sure its somehow jedi's fault.

I came in to work, it was 63.

Well, swapped shifts, so now I gotta go home. Poop shower shave. Then off to Greg's Memorial in Valparaiso.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    wouldn't be so quick to call BS.

We need more details. Is this a solo operation or teams?There's also that per diem and some companies pay on top of mileage, i.e. load/unload, dispatch, stop pay, etc.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What the heck happened?
    I'm sure its somehow jedi's fault.

I came in to work, it was 63.

Well, swapped shifts, so now I gotta go home. Poop shower shave. Then off to Greg's Memorial in Valparaiso.

Don't balme me yet! Where is the SNOW they promised!!! Come of feets and feets of snow!!!!!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    on with the closet cleaning. nerf gun assortment with 1 cap gun. free to a good home. all guns tested and working. maybe Bob will take them for the clubhouse and all the overgrown kids there can use them... ? ;)
    pm me if you want them. pick up in crown point or other convenient (to me) arrangements.

nerf.JPG

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    on with the closet cleaning. nerf gun assortment with 1 cap gun. free to a good home. all guns tested and working. maybe Bob will take them for the clubhouse and all the overgrown kids there can use them... ? ;)
    pm me if you want them. pick up in crown point or other convenient (to me) arrangements.

nerf.JPG

I'll take them. My office mates are getting really pissed about the stress ball I keep throwing around. Plus...the kids might even take one or two.

Still need some shells?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom