Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Actually they hijacked the term "fudd"
    In the late 30's/early 40's the word fudd was a slang term for butt hair, specifically a hair around the sphincter.
    If you really dig into the early warner bros. cartoons, there are quite a few terms that would have meant something totally different than it does today.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Actually they hijacked the term "fudd"
    In the late 30's/early 40's the word fudd was a slang term for butt hair, specifically a hair around the sphincter.

44923615.jpg

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Anyone like really really really hoppy beers? I brewed two batches of an experimental wheat ale a few weeks ago. The first one got kegged a couple days ago and is almost done carbonating. The other is still taking its sweet time fermenting, the yeast hasn't dropped out of solution yet. The one I kegged is really, really good. Hopped during the brewing process with several handfuls of the hops I've got growing in the woods behind my house. I labeled the vines with a shim that I wrote on with pencil, not realizing pencil didn't hold up in the weather. I haven't a clue what varieties I've got. So, I just experiment with them. Every year I make 4-5 batches brewed with a handful of hops from the various vines (have at least 5 varieties). They've never been bad, but never been good either. Just kinda middle of the road good beers. This one though, I wish I knew which vines I dumped at which times during the boil. It ticks most of the boxes I want in a good IPA. Only thing I'd do differently (If I knew what I did in the first place) is to strengthen the malt backbone of the beer. Being a wheat-base it's rather light and kinda lopsided towards the hops. The bittering hops don't have a sweet malt to even them out. Regardless, it's a tongue-destroying bitter pale wheat ale dry hopped with Citra hops and it works. It's beers like this that make me wish I was more organized and particular about what I was making. I brewed it with 3 handfuls of this, 4 handfuls of that, a coffee can of this malt, three or four of another, a coffee cup of this hop, and a shot glass of another. If anyone likes hardcore pale ales, let me know. I'll bottle a few and bring to the clubhouse. Homebrewing isn't as fun if you don't share and get feedback.ETA: if you're planning on enjoying a smoke while drinking this beer, better grab a full-full cigar. Smoked a La Herencia Cubana CORE and the beer nearly overpowered the cigar, and that's a pretty potent stick.
    Dude...beer me!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone like really really really hoppy beers?

I brewed two batches of an experimental wheat ale a few weeks ago. The first one got kegged a couple days ago and is almost done carbonating. The other is still taking its sweet time fermenting, the yeast hasn't dropped out of solution yet.

The one I kegged is really, really good. Hopped during the brewing process with several handfuls of the hops I've got growing in the woods behind my house. I labeled the vines with a shim that I wrote on with pencil, not realizing pencil didn't hold up in the weather. I haven't a clue what varieties I've got. So, I just experiment with them. Every year I make 4-5 batches brewed with a handful of hops from the various vines (have at least 5 varieties). They've never been bad, but never been good either. Just kinda middle of the road good beers.

This one though, I wish I knew which vines I dumped at which times during the boil. It ticks most of the boxes I want in a good IPA. Only thing I'd do differently (If I knew what I did in the first place) is to strengthen the malt backbone of the beer. Being a wheat-base it's rather light and kinda lopsided towards the hops. The bittering hops don't have a sweet malt to even them out.

Regardless, it's a tongue-destroying bitter pale wheat ale dry hopped with Citra hops and it works.

It's beers like this that make me wish I was more organized and particular about what I was making. I brewed it with 3 handfuls of this, 4 handfuls of that, a coffee can of this malt, three or four of another, a coffee cup of this hop, and a shot glass of another.

If anyone likes hardcore pale ales, let me know. I'll bottle a few and bring to the clubhouse.

Homebrewing isn't as fun if you don't share and get feedback.

ETA: if you're planning on enjoying a smoke while drinking this beer, better grab a full-full cigar. Smoked a La Herencia Cubana CORE and the beer nearly overpowered the cigar, and that's a pretty potent stick.

Sounds like a beer I would love.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    headed to thug ville...

Griffith? :):

Why would you want to visit Jedi :dunno:

I'm planning to head up to Munster to check the progress on the townhouse we are remodeling and getting ready to put on the market. Hope to have it done and on the market about April 1. If any of the thugs feel a disturbance in 'da force' its only because I will have ventured north of US30.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Is stracks gun friendly? Haven't been there in ages, but I'm really sick of meijer their produce has seem to go downhill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So if you have to have the gun unloaded to be responsible, that would make police officers....... ?

Police jbt are not gun owners they are police an exempt class. The gun they carry is not their but own by the department. So your logic is flawed. See how that works with these type of people. They will just move the goal post on you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom