• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Any one have a source for junk tires for free cheap?

Looking for 6 or 8 with out any metal sticking through the tread. But side wall damage is fine. Going to stack them in my garden... Don't want my kinds hands to get cut up by the wires in flat tires.

Last edited:

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am planning on going down and back on the Saturday of the NRA show. I could take 4 or would contribute gas $ if someone else drives.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Any one have a source for junk tires for free cheap?

Looking for 6 or 8 with out any metal sticking through the tread. But side wall damage is fine. Going to stack them in my garden... Don't want my kinds hands to get cut up by the wires in flat tires.

Hey ... get in line ... I'm waiting to hear back about a tractor tire. Somebody on here was supposed to be looking into it for me. :whistle:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like a pretty good response for the NRA show. Maybe I should start a new thread so all the info doesn't get lost.

Should I start a thread in the break room????

Or would that be under INGO events???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Never ask a question when you already know the answer, he is Princess Lea!

Looks like a pretty good response for the NRA show. Maybe I should start a new thread so all the info doesn't get lost.

Should I start a thread in the break room????

Or would that be under INGO events???

INGO EVENTS

Maybe something like 'NWI INGO Carpool to NRA SHOW' or something like that.

You want to make sure that it indicates the ride sharing is coming from NWI . . . maybe even narrow it down by County?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    LOWELL H.S. WON A FENCING MEDAL :starwars:

One of our Lowell High School kids who fences Foil took 2nd Place in the men's division for Foil

He is technically not one of 'my' fencers, because I coach "Saber" fencing and he fences "Foil" fencing. 2 totally different blades, different styles, but he's one of 'my' kids as he's on the new team. I helped him get started and have been working with him on his weapon, and I customized some weapons just for him. But I don't train him.

I had 3 of my 6 "saber" fencers at the tournament yesterday. My 2 best boys were off sick and could not compete, one of my girls was off sick. So I had my two lowest ranking boys and 1 girl competing yesterday. Given each of their abilities they did very well for themselves, but none worked their way up into the top 16 competitors. That's OK with me. Each of them learned a few things at the competition, about themselves and about fencing.

One of my boys, who tends to do well in bouts at the school against people he knows, but badly in competition against strangers, lost his Direct Elimination battle but had the longest 'come back' streak of consecutive touches in a bout that I have ever seen at that level of fencing. He was behind something like 11 to 3 in a match that goes to 15. He scored 7 touches in a row against his competitor before losing the bout. Talk about cheering on the sidelines for an underdog. :rockwoot:

. . . . . .

I also work with the Marian Catholic High School team and they brought home 4 or 5 medals. One of those was a 2nd Place in Girls Saber.

Megan, the girl who took home that medal is one of the kids I help coach. I assist at Marian, her head Saber coach is my friend Dale, and he coached my daughter. Megan fenced a year with my daughter and was considered to be one who might follow my daughter's path to multiple medals for the team. Guess we were right in our assessment. There were TEXT messages going back and forth between Megan at the tournament and Melen in college.

. . .

But damn it was a long freaking day. We left our house at 5:15am. Didn't get home until 11:45pm last night.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom