• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Ok, who snatched my ammo? It was already out of stock when I went back to look again.:rolleyes:

Looks like you learned the lesson of ammo shopping of late....if you see it, grab it and ask questions later. Worst case, you can probably find someone willing to purchase it off you for what you paid.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Um, no. :laugh:

This Festus!!
    [video=youtube;a8363Z3V0Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8363Z3V0Es[/video]

I did see the pic in your sig. I was just funnin'.

Yeah, we'd have to go down Friday night and come back Sunday morning. Two nights in a hotel at >$100 per night. Oh well.

Well, a few people sharing a car ride would bring the cost down.

Ok, who snatched my ammo? It was already out of stock when I went back to look again.:rolleyes:

Looks like you learned the lesson of ammo shopping of late....if you see it, grab it and ask questions later. Worst case, you can probably find someone willing to purchase it off you for what you paid.

You probably want to keep an idea in your head of what a good price is. With you shooting only .38 and .357, you have an easy list.
    Some semi-autos are picky. Revolvers generally aren't.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I did see the pic in your sig. I was just funnin'.

I know.:)

You probably want to keep an idea in your head of what a good price is. With you shooting only .38 and .357, you have an easy list.
    Some semi-autos are picky. Revolvers generally aren't.

Good to know that. Price I'm pretty familiar with, but wasn't sure about the quality. From what I've seen, under $20 for 50 rounds of target .38 is good. That was 500 rounds and came out to $18/50. Don't know what shipping would have been, though. I've got a $10 SG coupon. If anyone else ever gets SG coupons they don't use, let me know.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know.:)

Good to know that. Price I'm pretty familiar with, but wasn't sure about the quality. From what I've seen, under $20 for 50 rounds of target .38 is good. That was 500 rounds and came out to $18/50. Don't know what shipping would have been, though. I've got a $10 SG coupon. If anyone else ever gets SG coupons they don't use, let me know.

Just a suggestion, but learn the $ per round.
    That way if you look at different sized boxes, its easier.
    20 rnd box, divide cost in half, then move decimal once.
    50 rnd box, multply cost by two, move decimal twice. In your example of $20, 20x2=40, 40 decimal moved twice = .40. 40 cents per round.
    100 rnd box, move decimal twice.

Oddballs, round off.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Don't be sorry. I appreciate it. It's surprising how many people don't know how to do basic stuff.

Are you kidding about the basic stuff. Go into a store with a young person at the cash register and give them paper money and extra change and they try to give you back the difference.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Was wondering if the MC is as good as FMJ.

Same thing.

The name, Remington UMC stands for Remington Union Metallic Cartridge. The MC in the bullet type designation stands for Metallic Case which is another way of saying Full Metal Jacket which means that the lead core is encased in a metal jacket. Don't know why they feel they need to be different.

^^ This. For the record, it probably was an INGO member that scooped you on the ammo as soon as you posted it here. :whistle: That was potentially a good price ... depending on shipping and discounts.

Just a suggestion, but learn the $ per round.
    That way if you look at different sized boxes, its easier.
    20 rnd box, divide cost in half, then move decimal once.
    50 rnd box, multply cost by two, move decimal twice. In your example of $20, 20x2=40, 40 decimal moved twice = .40. 40 cents per round.
    100 rnd box, move decimal twice.

Oddballs, round off.

Memorize the acceptable cost-per-round of all your calibers or at least what you would consider a bargain. You should also take into account ammo types .... defensive/plinking/match/etc.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    ^^ This. For the record, it probably was an INGO member that scooped you on the ammo as soon as you posted it here. :whistle: That was potentially a good price ... depending on shipping and discounts.

Yeah, I knew I was taking that risk.. that's why I just posted the link in NW. But it could have been anyone, and even if it was someone here, that'll teach me.:draw:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Keep a thousand on hand, and losing a deal doesn't matter as much. Weather the storm.
    If you shoot 2 boxes, buy 3. It adds up.
    a disadvantage to being limited to 1 caliber, is being limited to 1 caliber.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Keep a thousand on hand, and losing a deal doesn't matter as much. Weather the storm.

This is a very good guideline.

GunBot 38special pistol ammo......just in case you didn't have the link Snapdragon.....

That is a very good link to keep on hand. I've been using it for about a year now.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Snapdragon has the new gun bug and after her first Shoot and Meet, I'm sure the caliber choice will open up. Like a kid in the candy shop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom