You have angered the Kraktim, Jedi.

1236341_555412944537422_720659489_n_zps3ef2907b.jpg

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    BTW. Stopped at the lounge for birthday gift to me, bought a Kristoff Ligero Maduro. Definitely worth trying if you haven't.

I'm smoking it right now while enjoying the last glass of a bottle of Macallan 18yr that I bought August 27 2010. Bought it for our wedding. Our son was born 8/27/12, and tomorrow's his party. But, today's my birthday so I'm gonna drink the last of the wedding scotch.

Tomorrow we break the seal on a beer I brewed the day the kid was born. Its a strong barleywine that's been cellared for about 8 months since completing fermentation. Hopefully it turns out as planned...

I want to stop by the clubhouse tomorrow and pick up a few cigars, but they'll be for sharing, so does anyone (Bob) have recommendations for a "hry we had a baby a year ago, have a tasty cigar " type of smoke? I need to buy probably at least 10 general audience cigars, the 3-4 that will truly appreciate them I'll hand pick. But I don't want to hand out 10 Garcia Vega's and 4 Kristoff's, I'd like to have a hand rolled but "semi mass produced " cigar to share sub-$5 ea.

I spent $2k on scotch for the wedding, the 10 guys I want semi cheap cigars for are the guys that just wanted shots of Jonny walker blue, gold and cask MacAllan, among others. I don't want to leave em out but don't want to waste money on the unappreciated.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    What a day... I thought I had hired my "new guy" to fill the the empty spot on my roster, then I get 2 more 2 week notices today... WTF!? That leaves me with one employee who is filling a new role that is probably above his head and he will need 6+ months of training before he is competent...

I have 3 vacancies that need filling now...

For very hard to fill positions.. (hard work, no set schedule, work weekends and nights some times...)

And to top it off I managed to say the wrong thing to my wife tonight and she went to bed in the middle of our tiff...

Some body help me out... if my old man was alive I would be drinking a scotch and smoking cigarettes with him talking this out..

Sadly he passed 12 years ago and Happily I quit smoking...

Edit: here is the ad in case any one is interested : http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/lab/4006301963.html

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    The Onyx Reserve is in that price range, my favorite go to cigar. It is flavorful and mild which is surprising because of the very dark wrapper. Everyone that has tried it based on my recommendation has enjoyed it, including ladies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    The Onyx Reserve is in that price range, my favorite go to cigar. It is flavorful and mild which is surprising because of the very dark wrapper. Everyone that has tried it based on my recommendation has enjoyed it, including ladies.

Question is: are they cheap.

I'm not so concerned with whether or not anybody will enjoy them. I don't want to hand out $10 sticks to three guys that I know will enjoy them, and a $3/10 pack of gas station cigars to the rest. I'm all about maintaining the high class appearance, without the expense.

As I hinted at, I had several bottles of scotch I bought for our wedding. Kid was born same day, two years later. Wedding had multiple $200-400 bottles of scotch and some of these guys prefered to drink it as a shot, and not truly enjoy the spirit that was offered. They'd probably be just as satisfied with a swischer or marlboro as a Padron.

But, I don't want to patronize them, I'd like to present what appears to be a high end cigar, but without the cost. I know there's some mass production hand rolled cigars that carry an easy to swallow price tag, but aren't highly rated by ciigar fans. That's what I'm looking for, for those that won't appreciate the good stuff. I'll buy 5-6 sticks of good cigars, but there's no point in spending $200 when only $50 of that will be appreciated, you get me?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    The onyx reserve is around $5 or maybe $6 a stick, not cheap but reasonable. Although "Drugstore" cigars are not horrible and look nice. It's been a long time since I bought those.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's a deal killer for many, me included.

Good luck on the search.

^this jedi agrees with especially at the rate of pay posted.
    Jedi did pass the info on to sister who works for tmp agency so perhaps she knows some who might want it.

if you read the other ingo post you will see that why they did not hire him they 'might' use him as a consultant. also they have on their roster the former fbi sniper who would have put a bllet into weaver's baby or something like that. go read the other post.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

^this jedi agrees with especially at the rate of pay posted.
    Jedi did pass the info on to sister who works for tmp agency so perhaps she knows some who might want it.

if you read the other ingo post you will see that why they did not hire him they 'might' use him as a consultant. also they have on their roster the former fbi sniper who would have put a bllet into weaver's baby or something like that. go read the other post.
    Here's the thread since Jedi was to lllllllllaaaaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyy. :p

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...007-troy-industries-has-lost-my-business.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom